Thursday, January 13, 2011

Around the House

It is kind of nice to take down all the Christmas decorations because it makes the house look less decorated and clean!!  I just took some photos around the house this morning. Notice that the shadows from the SUN are in many of them.  It is so nice to see Mr. Sun.  Does a body good :)!!

A sun-bonnet Sue redwork wall-hanging I made a couple years ago.


Love that sun!!


My SIL made this and gave it to me for Christmas last year. He is cute :)



My dear friend, Colleen, made these for me.  I think of her everytime I walk past them.

One of my quilty friends made this.  I will change the little quilt each month!

I made a new valance for the gathering room windows. 
My pneumonia is so much better.  I finished my antibiotic yesterday--yipee!!  Drugs and I are not the best of friends. I am gaining my energy and feeling like I want to get things done again.  I am off to the Geography Bee this morning.  Rebecca made it to the final round, so I will go watch her.  Life is GOOD!!
Have a great day!!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

7 comments:

Leah said...

I like the valance in the last picture - nicely done! --- I need some new window coverings/decor ---hmmmm has me thinking! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

The Old Crow and Little Bird said...

I just love when you give us glimpses into your home :) I wish mine was even half as nice.. lol. Glad you are feeling better and congrats to your daughter!

Stella

Val said...

Oh I love seeing your house. It is beautiful.

Val said...

I forgot to say I hope you get better soon. Being sick is no fun!

Sheila said...

So glad to hear you're getting your energy back and feeling better-especially with Mr. Sun!!!
Good luck to your daughter today.
~Hugz,
Sheila

Heather said...

I love, love, love your valances! I need to copy that idea....my bay windows are bare!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I never get tired of looking at your quilts. I really like the quilt piece in the frame on your shelf.

Mary