Monday, January 10, 2011

An Enchanting Evening

I escaped our house on Saturday night to watch the local high school's production of Cinderella.  I had very good reason in that Jessica had the role of the queen.  She was a perfect "your heiness".

Here she is laughing with the king, the prince and steward.

The carriage with Cinderella and Fairy Godmother being whisked off to the ball.

Watching the prince dance with all the eligible young women in the kingdom.

Isn't she beautiful?

The step-sisters were hilarious.  I just laugh looking at the photo.

Jessica's grandma made this gown. It is elegant and sewn with love. She looks like royalty in it.

Dancing with her son, the prince.

They fell in LOVE!!!  And I suppose, live happily ever after.

Taking her bow at the end of the performance.

There was even a live orchestra.
It was an enchanting evening.  I was so pleased with Jessica's performance. I am grateful for the talents with which she has blessed.  She has grown from a baby, to a toddler, to a child, to a teenager and now to a queen!!  However, she will always be my little girl.  Love that girl.  "Dreams do come true."
Be Nice to People,
Julie

3 comments:

Carole said...

An enchanting evening indeed ! The costumes really look fabulous and your daughter IS beautiful ! You must be so proud. And Hurray for all these talented young people - it takes a lot of work and organization to set up such a performance !

Heather said...

I'm so glad you posted this event. The gown is everything you said it was. So Fun!!

Kerin said...

It looks like a fun evening,and I'm so glad that you were able to be there and support Jessica.
It looks like all the kids had a great time and did a fantastic job!
Jessica has a very talented grandma.... that gown is gorgeous!