Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Bit Eeyore-ish

"Eeyore is an elderly, grey donkey, who lives by himself in a perhaps rather remote corner of the forest called Eeyore's Gloomy Place. His name comes from the name that donkeys make when they are conversing (Ee-or, Ee-or).

Eeyore is, to put it politely, a bit of a pessimist. He is consistently grumpy and gloomy throughout all of the stories, although just occasionally we see that he is capable of real joy too - for example, when Pooh gives him a honeypot for his birthday, and Piglet gives him a burst balloon, and he discovers that the balloon fits beautifully into the honey pot (and comes out just as beautifully).

Eeyore can be relied on to think the worst in any situation. Although he is usually proved wrong, sometimes he is proved right. When he loses his tail he promptly assumes that someone has stolen it rather than it just having fallen off somewhere, and he is quite right, because Owl has been using it for a bell-pull. What this means exactly we are not sure, but perhaps it shows that just occasionally it is all right to be a bit Eeyore-ish."

I woke up this morning feeling a bit "Eeyore-ish"....not sure why!!  I am just hoping to be more like Pooh as the day progresses. :)
We'll see...

Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awww, I hope things perk up for you Julie! Here, the sun is shining and it's looking like a lovely day in the Hundred Acre Woods... or as my kids used to say, 'Dunder Woods'

Hugs and Happy Thoughts, Kimberly

Carole said...

Maybe it's the seasons changing... I've been feeling this way too lately.

Sheila said...

Julie, maybe you just need a hug! (( ))
I hope your day is getting better. I have finally taken the time today to take pictures of the beautiful things you sent me and getting them set out with the other lovely items I got from Tanya. Had to muester up the energy to get rid of the dust from everything first. One thing that is plentiful around here is DUST! Potato harvest is in full swing so there is more than usual. ;-)
Wishing you a sunshine filled day~

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Hope you pick up! I sure did listening to your music!

Kerin said...

True story!
Sometimes, all of us have 'one of those days'.
Hope it turns out to be a great day and the blues are chased away:)
Maybe it is the changing weather...less sunshine at this time of year.
Sending you hugs (( ))

A Primitive Homestead said...

Life would be so much funner if we could be like Pooh everyday. Oh but life is more like Eeyore for me most days. Enjoyed your post.