Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Perspective

Some days just don't go as planned. We had one of those on Friday.  Bret took our dog, Sammi to the mountains with him to hunt grouse. They do this often and usually the hunting experience goes off without a hitch. Friday was different.  Sammi got lost.  For 6 hours, Sammi was lost.   Sammi is part of the family.   Each family member quietly prayed individually.  We prayed as a family.  We cried.  We worried. 
We had faith.
Bret searched for hours alone.  Savanna and I drove the bumpy, gravelly, dusty road to meet him later in the day to help him search.  I kept thinking, "How will we ever find her in this mountainous, brushy, vast acreage?  We didn't even have to search.  As we drove to the spot where we would have to get out and start looking, there she was.  I started to cry some more.  Someone had answered our prayers.  A good Samaritan.  Someone who knew that a dog would be loved and missed by a family for a very long time if she wasn't found. Someone who took the time to care.  Someone who roped her to a tree and gave her water.  Someone who was in the right spot at the right time.  Thank you to an anonymous soul who came to our rescue.




We thanked Heavenly Father for answering our prayers through one of his children.  Perspective is what I gained on Friday.  We take most days of our lives for granted...if they go well.  When a glitch occurs, we are given the opportunity to gain perspective on what is important and to whom we should turn.  We are given the chance to focus, be thankful and serve.  I continually strive to have perspective even when I have a good day.  I am so blessed.  I hope your day today is just what YOU need!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

8 comments:

Farmchick said...

Oh wow....your story brought tears to my eyes. So happy for you that Sammi is home safe and sound with his family who loves him so much. I can only imagine how hard that was on everyone...I know what it is like to love a pet. :) I am so glad that God sent a wonderful person to take care of Sammi so that he may go home to his family. :)

Kerin said...

Oh Julie!
I am sooo glad that you found Sammi, and that someone was so considerate and took care of her!!!
It's amazing how these little animals become such a part of our families.
I am worried about being able to find housing when we move, and someplace that will let us have Rowdy. You'll have to read my post today to get the scoop :)
Thanks for the well wishes today.
Hope you have a great day!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

So glad your prayers were answered, Julie. And what sweet, sweet pictures ...

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Julie, I have a huge lump in my throat. I am just so happy for you that your furry family member was found by the right person and you all were reunited! Big hugs!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

A "glitch" really does help us to realize that we are continually blessed with sweet tender mercies from a loving Father in Heaven.
Thanks for sharing this blessing with us.
Enjoy your day
Mercy

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I am soooo happy you found her!! God is so good!! Thank you for the story, we need to be reminded to really count our blessings and not take them for granted!:0)

Sheila said...

Julie I'm so glad your prayers were answered! Your Sammi looks so much like out "Freckles" (a Brittany too) we had when we first were married. I'm in tears. Tom was pheasant hunting one season and she came up missing too. Before he came home he took his shirt off and laid it near where the truck had been parked. We were beside ourselves and prayed that evening that she would be there in the morning when he went back and Praise God there she was on his shirt waiting for him when he'd gone back at daylight. She had a few more good years with us. Freckles was a family member too!

Jessica said...

Thank God for the kind soul who found Sammi!

We lost our dog once while traveling. He was just a pup and I was prepared to stay in Utah until our doggy was found. Thankfully hubby found him across the road the following morning. Hubby had spent the evening before searching and talking to everyone around our motel about our lost doggy. That was a sleepless night I won't forget. I prayed my heart out and God kept him safe for us.