Monday, November 17, 2008

Making Christmas

Hello All!! Why are weekends so crammed full of things to do? There's never a dull moment. Good times though....example, this photo. I just have to share the story behind it. Sunday afternoon after "real" church, Rebecca and Karissa were "playing" church with Karissa's Pet Shop Friends. It was so intriging to listen to their version of church. What a sweet treat it was to hear them talk about following Jesus and welcoming new members. The Pet Shop puppy facing the others, is the speaker. The pets are being so well-behaved!! Children really do LISTEN to what we say and do what we do--more than we realize!!

I was sure hoping that I would be able to finish my redwork quilt this weekend. It is close. I have it pinned ready to quilt. I will show the back when it's finished because I had some darling Sunbonnet Sue fabric that worked out just right. I hope to finish this week--stay tuned!!

I have been working on stitching pillows for some Christmas gifts. Two down, one to go. I still need to sew a back and stuff them. That's the easy part, though!!

Making Christmas in progress. This will be a framed stitchery. I have written on the star fabric with pencil, but you can't see it very well. The words form the shape of a tree.

I am making some new ornaments for our tree. This set has 8. These are Plumcreek Collectables patterns. They are so cute. Her designs are simple and easy to stitch.

Another pile of projects that I sort of hid a bit because not all eyes can see them yet. Don't you just love Christmas and the surprises and anticipation? I do now that I'm an adult, but I remember peeking before Christmas one year when I was a kid. I couldn't stand NOT KNOWING!! However, it was devastating, and I only did it once. Hope you're having a great Monday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie





11 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

Everything is coming along nicely...gotta love that Church!
I taught Pre-school for many years..when the children played in the house keeping area...you learned a lot about there life at home (good and bad)!
I have to have that little Mary and Joseph...you said it was from plum creek?

Kindra-At Home With K said...

LOVE all your new creations, Julie! Yes, You have been busy! A handmade gift for friends and family are the best!

Jeanette said...

Love all of your projects! And your kids version of "church"! So cute! Which patterns are your stitcheries you are working on? You always have such cute projects. -Jeanette in Calgary

{lauren} said...

ALL of your new projects look so cute! I can't pick a favorite..they're all wonderful. There are going to be some lucky folks come Christmas morning when they open your handmade gifts:) Have a great day! <3Lauren

Becky J. said...

i can't believe how cute the sue bonnets are!! cha ching !)

Carla said...

Once, a long time ago, we were reading Moses, and no one was listening. Weeks later we were going to town, and my darlings were acting out the Satan getting kicked out of heaven part in the back seats (used to love to listen to their conversations in the backseat). I learned right then they ARE listening, even when they aren't!

What a precious memory, to see your children 'walk in the light':)

Your stitchery is awesome! Especially love your Mary and Joseph! (what a love story:)

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh my, Julie! All of your Christmas creations are adorable! I can't look away!

You are one very talented and prolific crafter, my friend. And what a sweet story about your girls....

I can't wait to see what's next!

Sarah said...

Hi There Julie, Your crafts are lovely. I can't wait to see the other things you are working on.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. They brighten my day:)

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Looks like a busy season for you...lots to make. The quilt looks so fun, great job. I always love the little animal toys, My girls loved the little things to play with. We have a cute set of mini horses that they loved to play with. Ohhhh how fun to just play and find so much joy in the simple little things. smile and have a great day...Tamee

Leslie said...

I love everything that you are working on! You're always busy and make such wonderful gifts. I really love the pillows. I love the saying.

We have a lot of the LPS animals, too! Af loves them more than anything!

And it is great to watch your kids play and act out what they learn :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Susan said...

Hey Julie,
I'm new to the "blogging world". I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I enjoy reading your posts. You are so talented and I just love all the pictures of the things you have made and the things you are making.
Blessings,
Susan