Today I was thinking about my ancestors, and the hardships they dealt with so that I could have the comforts I enjoy today. I am so thankful for each one of them, and I will be so happy to meet and thank them someday. So, I thought I would share a few conviences I'm thankful for. The list is a lot longer, but I posted just four.

#1--I am thankful for any device that lets music come into our home. Push a button, and there's sound. That's worth being grateful over, I think.

#2--our microwave. I don't cook in it too much, but we heat things up in it A LOT!! Like, daily and more than once!!

#3--my very comfy pillow. It feels so good to lay down my tired head at the end of day in a warm bed with nice sheets and quilts and a good pillow.

#4--our computer. Even though computers can cause problems and issues, if handled carefully, they are a blessing. The wealth of information and goodness from them is wonderful. I feel so blessed to have conveniences that make life easier and more enjoyable. Thanks to my ancestors for what they did for me. I have life pretty darn GOOD!!!
What conveniences do you enjoy?
Be Nice to People,
Julie
14 comments:
Those items sure do make life a whole lot more enjoyable, don't they?
And I just have to say "THANK YOU," Julie! You made my whole week today, my sweet, thoughtful, and supremely talented friend. I'm touched beyond measure...
wait...where is the sewing machine???!! i know that was the
5th thing wasn't it? :)
I love all those things too...and so many more! As much as I love the pioneer era...I sure am grateful for all of our conveniences!
Tammy
Yes, I am so very thankful for these special conveniences as well. Thanks for reminding me. I'll hug my pillow extra close tonight! I also love seeing where you visit from your computer. Makes the world a little smaller somehow.
Thanks for the information on the Sunbonnet Sue patterns. Speaking of small worlds! Little Quilts was my favorite shop when I lived in Georgia, and I visited every time I went to Atlanta! I have all their Little Quilt books. I haven't visited their site in quite a while but I sure need to!
Smiles,
Lea
Hi There Julie, You have an amazing blog! I just happened to stumble upon it a few weeks ago and am very glad that I did:) Come by and see my blog at sarahcresswell.blogspot.com
Sarah
I always love the old colonial way of life until I watched John Adams, no way...what a eye opener:)
I'd be lost with out the microwave and my computer, I'm very grateful for them:)
Rondell
I, too, am so thankful for all my conveniences! I have to comment on my pillow. We switched from a waterbed to a HARD mattress, and I had major back pain. I had hubby give me a blessing, and in it I was told to use a certain type (nothing fancy) of pillow. The change was amazing!!! I'm so blessed, and I'm trying to be aware of it-thanks for sharing today! Happy Weekend:)
Hi Julie
Being grateful certainly does make for a happier life. I always find your blog so optimistic, full of love and uplifting. It is a wonderful place to visit.
Lots of love
Elise
I love all those things and many more...thanks for sharing with us!
Stop in and visit soon.!
Oh, I do love my comveniences but I love how they are hiddenwith prims and nestled among antiques. I am so optimistic today that I love everything!!!!
and I especailly love the new look of your blog. Do you mind if Iask who did it? and do they do for others? You can email me with the facts and I will be forever grateful......
I feel the same way! I'm thankful for my laptop, electric heat and many other things!
~Kelli
I loved reading those Julie!!! :)
I hope you have a GREAT day!
I am definitely thankful my microwave and computer. LOL And when one of them is down, we are totally lost, aren't we?! :)
And I just love your stitchery you made for Colleen. That doesn't surprise me that you did that for her. You are just so kind.
How did I miss this one julie! WHile I love the thought of the old days, Little House on the Prairie etc, I too love my modern conveniences. The computer, the micorwave, my Nesco ovens, the washer and dryer are tops on my list!
Love all your projects in the next post. Can't wait to see them all done. I don't have my machine set up permanently so maybe that is why I enjo the handstitching more than the machine stitching. Not that I don't know how- I made my own clothes at one time. But for some reason it's not tops on my list any more. So I really enjoy seeing the wonderful creations you make!
Kids do hear what we say - we used to tell the parents at school that allthe time. The aborb so much don't they? Sounds like your girls are absorbing the right message!
Post a Comment