Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Blue. Ice. Fish.

We have been in the deep freeze for the past 20 some days. I have tried to remain postive about temperatures that don't rise above freezing. But, honestly, it is time for some WARMTH!!
We decided to escape the smog, not necessarily the cold, and go fish on the ice.
We had a great time---frozen appendages and all!!

Look at those avid fishergirls:)!!

Karissa with no gloves---I promise, as a Mother, I made her bring some!!

Rebecca!!

Savanna stuck with it the longest and caught the most fish.
We had perch tacos for dinner cuz of her:)

When the fishing is slow, sledding is fast..and fun!!

Even Sammi was trying to stay warm.

Lunch time--can you say frozen pb&j's?

My handsome honey. 
I am thinking spring is just around the corner----mind over matter, on this one, folks:)!!
Stay warm!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

4 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like a lot of fun... cold - yes. We have been below zero here in Minnesota now for a few days. Waiting for some sunshine and warmth and of course some snow!

Sheila said...

Hi Julie~
looks like you had a great (chilly) family outing! I'm sure it was but the ice doesn't look that thick! Nice sunny day but very cold know doubt.
Brought out my Valentine's pretties from you......need to take a few more pictures and post.
Stay warm.
Blessings to you and yours~

Karen said...

Brrr! I know people in a colder climate like to ice fish but I would be scared of the ice breaking and me ending up in the water.

I like the quilt in your header photo.

pom country said...

Super!!!!