Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Burlap

Isn't burlap awesome?  I have made a few things with it. It is kind of itchy and messy to work with, but I love the look. It reminds me of country--you know, grain sacks or potato sacks or something.
I took a wooden frame and used mod podge as the glue to hold on the burlap. 
See my cute girlies peeking from behind the trees!

This is just a flower added to a frame. I stitched "GIVE".

A pillow I made then added the fru-fru stuff.
I like lace and burlap together. I think it looks classy.

This container was a floral. I got it at a yard sale. I covered it with burlap and then added the flower and
put a button in the center.

Burlap comes in different colors--this square is a light green. Kind of fun!
It seems the craze right now is to do vintage weddings and use burlap. I helped with one just this past weekend.  It was darling.  If you want more ideas go to PINTEREST. Of course, set aside some time because you will be there awhile!!
Yay for burlap!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

3 comments:

Karen said...

I didn't realize that burlap comes in different colors. I haven't purchased any in years.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I agree...Yay for burlap! I saw some no-sew burlap curtains that I'd love to try (on Pinterest of course). :)

Love all your burlap creations, Julie!

Tammy

Kerin said...

Great burlap projects!

I too love burlap... even if my sweet hubby thinks it's just for gardens, and chicken feed ~~~LOL!