Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

Life is crazy! Plain and simple.  This is such a busy time of year. It is all good, just busy.
I will share a few of our events as of late!

Rebecca entered the school's Reflection contest. The theme was, ""Diversity is..."
She drew this barn with yellow chicks around it and one black chick at the bottom of the ramp looking into the barn. Her artist statement was, " Diversity is acceptance. I painted the black chick, and he is wondering if he will be accepted."  She won third place...$30.00 in cash.  She then had saved and saved and saved enought to buy herself an iPad!! Pretty good stuff all the way around!!

Rebecca's orchestra concert.

Our Karissa turned 10 the end of April. Hard to believe. She was little when she was born, and I still call her my "pint-size". She is a joy!!  Her latest craze is anything to do with dogs. She can name all breeds!! She is pretty amazing.

Birthdays are hard work. Asleep with Savanna's Kindle in hand...glad she didn't drop it!

Birthday party with friends.

Yup!!  Our college girl is home for the summer!!!  I survived and she flourished!!  She doesn't like me to brag, but she got a 4.0 for her freshman year. SHHH..don't tell her I told anyone. I am so happy for her. She just landed a summer job as a CNA at a local hospital.  Hopefully it will carry her through the school year and into next summer!!  She is so close to nursing school--4 prerequisite classes to go. She was actually on the alternate list for nursing school, so she should be accepted for 2012!!  YAY!!  IT IS SO GOOD TO HAVE HER HOME.......so good!!

So, I covered three of the four girls and their lives at the moment. I will capture the other young lady when she is home long enough for me to take a photo. She, too, has had some adventures as of late. 

With it being Mother's Day and all this weekend, can I just say how very grateful I am to to be a Mother.  As inadequate as I feel, I am so grateful I have been entrusted to be an earthly mother to four of Heavenly Father's beautiful daughters. It has been a joy--a real joy.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you who make it happen 24/7/365!! God Bless.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

1 comment:

Kerin said...

You have been quite busy!

Glad that you have your daughter home for the summer... what a nice treat.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Hugs..
Kerin