Wow! My last post was Valentine's Day. Time flies. I have been busy thinking about girls ages 12-17. This year, I am the Stake Camp Director in my church. Which basically translates into me being in charge of supplying about 150 people with insights, crafts, certifications, food, entertainment, firesides, energy, enthusiasm and safety for 4 days. Camp isn't until August, but we do a BIG camp kick-off meeting in February to get the ball rolling.
We have the leaders attend to give guidelines, schedules and answer any questions.
(I stiched this and used it for a visual)
First, we chose a theme for camp. The young men and young women in our church this year have a theme.
It is "Arise and Shine Forth that thy light may be a standard to the nations." D&c 115:5.
It is an AWESOME theme, so we are using it for camp as well. There are so many analogies you can use with light. Each of the wards in our stake will chose a country that they want to represent as well. Applying the part of the scripture that states that they can be a standard to the nations. The decorations, clothes, food, crafts, etc. they chose with their country, will I am sure, be amazing!! We also have a focus on family history and temple work. It should be a wonderful experience. That is the goal anyway!
Just my house!:)
I made this pillow as a visual as well. My Jessica drew the temple and wrote the words.The next few photos are some of the ideas that I shared. I didn't photo all of them. Honestly, I was too tired last night before putting it all away to take pictures.
This is a glass light bulb jar with lemonheads in it.
A scripture a day...
I crocheted a temple hanger. It is a goal that the young women marry in one of our temples, the house of the Lord, for time and eternity.
There was a little saying to go with the hanger...
Refreshments were temple cookies and then I just made sunshine cupcakes for an idea.
RISE AND SHINE!!
Bubble gum...
We are making about 150 of these mason jar lanterns for the young women. Yes, there is work ahead. However, I LOVE young women and am so grateful to get to serve them. I have 4 young women of my own, so I know the influence that good leaders, ones who love them, can have on them. I am excited for this adventure. A bit overwhelmed, but excited!!
RISE and SHINE!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie












6 comments:
What a great opportunity for you.
With the Lord's help, nothing is impossible and you will receive the inspiration and comfort that you need to do this calling.
Great projects!!
SO CUTE!!! I wish I was 17 again so I could go to Girl's Camp with you as the director! :)
Great job Julie! You're an inspiration to many!
High five Julie!
I'm our ward camp director, and we're going to Heber Valley this year for stake camp. I'm looking forward to it.
Don't know what our theme is going to be, but we won't be in charge of our own ward girls, but rather a year of girls, like 1st yr, or 2nd yr, etc. Two years ago at stake camp our ward was in charge of all of the stake 4th yr girls.
Your visuals were beautiful. Good ideas.
And your so right, tons of work ahead! But some fun as well.
You'll be wonderful!
Enjoy
Mercy
I love the temple picture. I'm also in yw... Do you have a pattern for this?
Julie
Do you have a pattern for the Arise & Shine Forth temple picture? I would love to carry this at Pine Needles!!!
Sandy
Post a Comment