This summer has been the summer of health for me. I had a health screening in June. Not good.
I only went for 2 reasons:
1. I got paid $50.00
2. I was curious
What's that saying? "Curiosity killed the cat?" Yup, pretty much.
So, I decided to live differently. In the food and exercise part of my life, anyway. Somedays are better than others, but for the most part, I am grateful for the change I see in my health and lifestyle.
I am down 20 lbs--not goal weight yet, but getting there.:)
Here is a recipe that I tweaked to make more healthy.
Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. shortening
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. very warm water
Add flour and salt. Blend in shortening with pastry blender or fork until no lumps. Add water and mix with fork. Knead 50 times. Divide into 8 balls. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
Cook on griddle. Delish!!
I used to use white flour. Whole wheat is so good, and so much better for us.
These are so much better than store bought and no preservatives!!
Have a wonderful healthy weekend.
Be Nice to People,
Julie



3 comments:
Congrats on your weightloss...it's not easy...I know. I make homemade tortillas....but I have not made whole wheat. I am going to try yours!! Thanks. Come on over and say hi! :)
Way to go!
I'll have to give these a try :)
It's not often I get to enjoy blogs these days, but I was passing through and wanted you to know that I still think of you! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe ~ we'll be trying this at our home soon!
Blessings, Lea
Post a Comment