In spite of the rain, we had a dry day last Saturday. We spent about 10 hours doing yard WORK!! I love work. It is satisfying. Sometimes my kids have a different opinion, but work is good for us.
I decided to AMERICANA-IZE(probably not a word:) the backyard. I made this banner in a jiffy. Just cut out triangles with pinking shears and sewed them to a white ribbon.
It looks so summery.
This old door used to live in our house. I decided it needed to live outside and found a spot under the eaves where it will stay dry.
And---Jessica (the one on the second row, far right) has her last choir concerts this week. Choir has been one of her best high school experiences.
Thank you for the music, beautiful girl of mine.
Just a little warning--my next few posts might include my lamenting the fact that she is moving away to college in the fall. Anyone with advice on how a mother copes with this would be much appreciated:)!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie






2 comments:
Very cute yard decor!
Love, love the old door :)
It's awesome that your sweet Jessica has had some great H.S. experiences. Memories to last a life time.
How I wish that I had good advice on letting our kids cut those apron strings. It is bitter-sweet. I've been excited for them all, but I miss them so much! How I wish our daughter would go to school here in Utah..... it would make it so much easier on me :)
I am always reminding myself of the time that I was their ages, and remember how cool I thought I was, and how grown up. I never gave a second thought about moving ahead full steam with my goals and dreams. I suppose these kids are the same way :)
Boo Hoo.... I miss the days that they needed me ! But, I am happy that they are fufilling their dreams. (whew... sorry... that was long winded)
Julie all the hard work paid off! Your yard and displays look great. Nice banner too.
Ending one chapter and starting another, bittersweet times for Jessica!
Hugz,
Sheila
Post a Comment