I have learned some lessons for having Pneumonia:
1. How to spell pneumonia--didn't know how to do that before. ( I thought it was u before e)2. That I can go 7 days without chocolate and live to tell about it.
3. That a shot of medicine in the hip can hurt almost more than having a baby.
4. That sleep is bliss.
5. That just when you think there is nothing more to cough up or out, there is...
6. That my hubby is a patient nurse and care-taker.
7. That my kids pray for me.
8. That good health is invaluable.
9. That neighbors make really good dinners.
10. That our loyal friend, and pain-in-the-rear dog, Sammi, makes a really good heater.
11. That my Mom will always take care of me no matter how old she or I get.
12. That lying in bed for hours on end gives you lots of time to think and count your blessings...I have many. It has also given me lots of time to think about all the projects around the house I would like to work on--I know that day is just around the corner. :)
13. That I am not patient when it comes to being sick.
Life certainly has its ways of teaching us lessons. Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks much for all the well wishes!! They mean a lot. I think my one word for 2011 is LESSONS. Learn from them. Live them. Teach them. :)
Be Nice to People,
Julie


14 comments:
What a great list of "lessons". Take care of yourself and if you're anything like me you need to let people take care of you.
Mary
I'm such a bad blogger. I didn't know. Glad your on the mend. I tested the pneumonia waters twice. No fun at all. In fact, we own our own nebulizer....lol
Hope you are all the way back to your self in no time at all. I loved you lsit and decided to reply... #1 I'm not sure I can spell it now :-) #2 made me laugh. #3 really made me laugh! and some more!!! #4 is way true. Helps time march on too. #5 yuck. #6 mine is too. #7 Yes, here as well. Don't you love that? #8 very very true. #9 yeah aroud here as well. made me smile. Good people huh! #10 don't have one in my house, but they're good for sleep out with :-) #11 Amen. What would we do without our Mom's? #12 Me too. Lots to be thankful for.
Get feeling better Julie!!!!
Mercy
It's good to see that you are on the 'up swing'. Your mind was working really good! The last time I was that sick, all I could think about was "I'm going to die!"
Let me know when you are up for a guild meeting ---
Love your quilt!
Oh keep getting well Julie - Been there, done the pneumonia thing, and a person needs to take care not to get it again!
A cold winding weekend here in MN this weekend. It's suppose to get really cold. uck! Have a healing weekend.
I hope you are fully on the mend soon - just don't admit it yet - let them all take care of you a bit longer because you earned it!
Have a great weekend!! HUGS
Sending more hugz to you Julie! Everything can wait, and will be there when you're up and about again-but we do have our swap to look forward to!
Love ya friend,
~Sheila
Oh you poor girl! Feel better soon..
I wish you get soon healty!
Kerstin
You pointed out some good lessons. I sure hope you are better, real soon. Hugs, Lecia
ooohhhh i am so sorry! hopefully you have been dreaming of sweet sewing bliss when you return to yourself again. :) hope you had a merry christmas and new year!
Oh, I hope you're feeling better already. One could dream of a better way to start a new year... Take good care of yourself - should be easier if everyone around you is taking care of you ! And you're right, a family that prays for you, neighbours who feed you when you're in trouble and a mom who takes care of you when you're sick (plus a dog who warms you !) are all more valuable than gold.
Happy New Year and best wishes to you family anyway !
And may I add, what a gorgeous bedspread !!!
Great lessons... all of them.
Sounds like you are in very, very good hands and that you are on the mend. I hope that you are back to 100% very soon, and getting to get stuff done that you want to do.
Take care, stay warm and stay hydrated :)
Julie, I hope that this nasty bout of pneumonia soon becomes a VERY distant memory. I hope you are still getting plenty of rest and that each passing day sees you feeling better.
Thinking of you.
Post a Comment