Thursday, December 16, 2010

Visions of sugar plums and other things

Last night, we had our annual Main Street Quilter's Christmas party.  Good times.  Every year, we are given a fat quarter piece of fabric and told to add it to a quilt for a challenge.  The fabric we used this year, is the fabric used on the beehive, some of the border, path to the church, and some of the letters. 

The ladies in the group vote for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner!!  Guess what...I WON!!!

I entered this as well.

I won gift cards to a favorite quilt store----LOVE IT!!!  Thanks, ladies.  I honestly was very surprised because there were some darling quilts---we have major talent in the group.

We all received these goodies.  I have a pattern that I want to use using the charm pack.  (Sorry, it's side-ways.  I didn't post it that way :)!!

We did a tea-towel exchange. I got this one!!  I think Ihave decided that I really like snowmen. :)

Also, my friend, Heather gave me this snowman.  Don't you just love the hair?  It's my favorite!!  She is president of the group next year, and I will be her helper.  She is just starting out in blogland, so go say HI to her. She has a great blog and is one talented, on-the-ball gal!!  I am way excited to work with her next year.  Her blog address is:  lifeasjustme-heather.blogspot.com.  Pay her a visit!!  I have told her how awesome all of you are :)!!
Hope visions of sugar plums are dancing in your head.  I know they are in mine... plus about a million other things as well!!  Happy Day.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Really love your goodies. But that beehive!!! It is so incredibly darling.

Sheila said...

Well Ms. Julie, you should have one! Congratulations! How fun for all of you and I know you will be a great helper next year. Wish I lived closer so I could take lessons from one of the best!
Hugz to you!
Sheila

Val said...

Oh I love that little quilt that you made. It is darling. You deserved to win and I didn't even see any of the others!! Love all of your goodies too! Heading to your friends blog now!!! Merry Christmas!

Kerin said...

Congrats on winning! What a wonderful early Christmas gift!
You are soooo talented, in my opionion, and it doesn't surprise me that you won :)
All the ladies in your groups are ubber talented and such inspiring projects that you always share with us.
I will go over and visit your friends blog.
Sure hope that you have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Julie, your quilts are absolutely wonderful, I just love them! Congrats on winning! I am going to visit your friend's blog. Thanks for the link. :)

Becky J. said...

winning- whatever. it was supposed to be me!! lol jk. congrats! and i'll get you next year :)