Ever had one of those days? I had one!! Let me explain... the computer speakers died, the furnace quit working, I got summoned to jury duty from Jan. 2011-June 2011(This is my sixth summoning), and Karissa found out the truth about Santa--made me more sad than it made her. Anyway, I was feeling pretty picked on!! Then I got the mail. This sweet package surely lifted my spirits. My friend, Sheila from Seasons of Thy Heart, and I did a swap. She is always so very generous and very talented.
She sent the darling wooden box decoration.
She sent this snowman and the wood blocks.
She sent these yummy smelling gingerbread men.
This red bauble was on a package, and I added it to my necklace to make it look Christmas-y!!
This is a garland of Christmas lights tied with cute fabric. It looks so pretty lit. I'm sure this took forever to put together, and I love it.
Sheila always adds the right touches and is careful about detail. Thanks so much to my good friend. She is a wonderful lady, wife and grandmother. So glad that blogland brought us together. I would love to meet her in person to give her a big hug for her generosity. Thanks a bunch, Sheila!!
***Note---we bought new Bose speakers for the computer--Merry Christmas to me. The furnace is working---nice warm house. I am proud to be an American and glad I have the priveledge of serving on a jury and voicing an opinion, and Karissa told me that Santa will always be real, even if he is a fake.**** Life is good.
Have a blessed day.
Be Nice to People,
Julie







10 comments:
I am so glad that it all worked out in the end Julie! And your swap goodies - so perect for your country home!! Just wonderful! Sheila is so talented!!
Well, I'm happy that everything worked out so well for you. I understand your frustration about jury duty. Around here, it is just for 3 months, but having to call in every week is a pain. I'm not sure I could ever be comfortable deciding someone fate.
★Linda★
Hi Julie, sorry you had a bad day, but sounds like it came out okay. I love your daughter's comment about santa, that was too cute!!
You got some really awesome things from Sheila. She is a sweetheart!! She was my first new friend in blogland and I have done swaps with her and she is always so generous. A wonderful person indeed!!
Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Lorna
Wow! Sheila did send you some awesome goodies! Seems like when it rains, it pours sometimes, doesn't it? Oh well, life's little problems just serve to make us stronger and better women! I'm glad things are looking up for you and that you are putting a positive spin on everything! Hope you have a great week!
Hugs,
Donna
Sounds like one of those days. It is always nice to have a bright spot to lighten the load. BTW in MAss you only have to serve once every 3 years but must save your paperwork in case they try to make you come back before the 3 years is up. Happens a lot BTW.
Love your swap goodies!! It's always fun to share handmades with other crafters!
And I'm so glad you got your furnace fixed and enjoying your warm home again!
Wow! What a package! Lucky you!! You must show me how to get involved in these wonderful swaps.
So glad things worked out at home.
funny and sad. glad things worked out-- even if you had to wait for them. great package! lucky swapper girl.
Sounds like you certainly had a time of it for a while .
I'm so happy for you that everything worked out ok.
Your swap stuff is beautiful, and it sounds like you have a wonderful friend in Sheila !!
Sorry about the Santa stuff.
When our kids told us that they knew the scoop, we told them that, 'if you stop believing , you stop receiving'.
Well... they are all grown up now, but they are believers :)
You got some wonderful goodies from Sheila. She & did a swap back in the fall and boy does she go the extra mile! She's become an awesome friend to me too!
All your items are so sweet!
Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com
Post a Comment