Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa's Workshop

I have been a busy little elf.  Yesterday, my QFF's (quilting friends forever) and I had our Christmas party at my house. These are such good friends that I didn't even get stressed--no pressure, no hype. They love me no matter.  We had a great time. 

We exchanged gifts, ate, chatted, ate, and just had fun!!

I have been trying to create some handmade gifts this year. I made this magnet board for my MIL. I think she will like it.  I mod-podged paper around the edges. Now, I need to find some cute magnets to go on it.

I have a dear friend across the way, and I made this for their family. I tried to go with the vintage look because she has quite a few antiques and likes that look.  I hope she likes it. 
I have quite a few gifts together, and now need to wrap--the day needs more hours.
This elf needs a nap!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Leah said...

You've been very creative - a Christmas parties with friends (especially girlfriends) is always fun! I really like the sign for the Smith's -- very nice!

Becky J. said...

the luncheon was so fun! love my pincushion too-- thanks julie!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Very nice gifts!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Kerin said...

How fun to get together with the QFF's!! I want to be part of your group! Oh, wait.... I don't quilt....YET !! :)
Someday, I'll get there :)
You have made some adorable gifts! You are ubber talented!!
Have a great week, and stay warm.

Heather said...

Hand made gifts - give joy in two ways 1- for the receiver and 1- for the maker. Any one on your gift list will love these!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What lucky folks to be receiving those! And your swap with Sheila was wonderful! Have a blessed Sunday!