Friday afternoon, one of my husband's close friends passed away from a gun-related accident. As our family has thought about this family and prayed for them, I have thought of many things to be grateful for. First and foremost, a kind and loving Heavenly Father who wraps us in the arms of His love and is a gentle healer at such trying times. Secondly, the importance of family. I have felt more appreciative of my girls and husband. I have hugged them more and told them I love them more. I have been more tolerant, and realized that little annoyances are just that.....little....they don't matter. Third, I am grateful for good people who have touched my life. I am grateful to live in a community where people care for and love each other. I am grateful for those who lift and support each other. I am grateful for love. I am certain that this Thanksgiving will have a different meaning and feeling than others have. I am grateful for that.
I hope each of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving with those whom you love...tell them that you love them...
Be Nice to People,
Julie
1 year ago

6 comments:
Oh how terrible about your husband's friend. :( I'll be keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers...especially during this Holiday season. :(
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Julie. I am so thankful for each of my blessings and count you as one of them. :)
Oh Julie I am so so sorry for your loss and I will pray for that family. How devastating.
From my home to yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Oh, Julie. I am so very sorry. I hope your friends will be able to find peace and comfort during this very sad time.
Thank you for the reminder of how important families are and the infinite love our Heavenly Father has for us.
Take care.
OXOX
Jo-Anne
So sorry to hear about your friend.
Perspective brings gratitude.
Life is hard at the best of times, it is always good to focus on the things that matter most....
Happy Thanksgiving!!
How sad for this family... Thanksgiving will be "particular" for them this year (I don't really know how to put it)
I'm keeping them in my prayers, I am very touched by what happened to them and you are so right, we shouldn't take our loved ones for granted.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Julie,
I'm sending condolences to your sweet husband, to your family, and to the family of your friend. This is a very tragic accident, and one that will have a profound effect on everyone that knew this man. Our prayers go out to all .
I know that you love your family and that they love you !
How blessed we are to have eternal life!!
Post a Comment