We had such a great weekend together as a family. I am so blessed. We watched and listened to General Conference Saturday and Sunday. For those of you who might not know what that is, it is when the leaders of our church give us counsel, insights, direction and inspiration from our Heavenly Father to make our lives easier and happier. It is on the internet and our local tv station. Go here if you would like to listen to any of the talks. It was fabulous, just fabulous.
A cute tag. I love stuff like this. :)
Look at this cute mat, the candy corns and rag balls. She made the rag balls for me because I had mentioned that making rag balls gives me grief. What a sweetheart. Thank you so much, Cassie.
Jo-Anne sent this darling wall-hanging. I have never seen this pattern. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Thanks so much, Jo-Anne. It is perfect. Blog friends are amazing.
I stitched this while listening to conference this weekend. It was fun.
Our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, gave a wonderful talk on Sunday morning about being grateful and having an Attitude of Gratitude. Since I want to work on that, when I post from now on, I am going to write whatever I am grateful for right then. I love the direction and guidance a living prophet gives us. One of my favorite quotes that I learned from him is: "Decisions Determine Destiny." That is so true.Have a blessed day, my friends.
Attitude of Gratitude:
The calming piano music playing on a cd right now
My unselfish husband
A peaceful night's sleep
Be Nice to People,
Julie







6 comments:
My goodness, Julie ... there's a lot of love in this post today! Your latest swaps are fantastic! Love the Halloween quilt. WOW!
Enjoy your week, my friend ... and I hope your girls like the breakfast cookies. I'm anxious to try out that recipe this week too.
Such beautiful items and a beautiful weekend. Love the quote-it holds more truth than given credit for.
Bless you Julie~
What darling gifties! Sounds like your weekend was sweet!
Blessings,
Heather
You received some really nice items, I also love the stitchery you did. I do those at night sometimes when I am watching tv, makes me feel like I am not wasting time. 8-)
Love the quote too, it is so true and something I need to always remember.
Blessings,
Lorna
Wasn't conference wonderful! We certainly were spiritually fed!!
I too LOVED President Monsons talk on gratitude. I have tried since last conference (April) to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. It surely has increased my testimony!!
You have great blogging friends, and it is clear that they love you. Such sweet and wonderful gifts!
Hope you have a great day .
The quilts are just beautiful...looks like so much fun! Dianntha
Post a Comment