Saturday, October 23, 2010

2 years, but who is counting :)

I just spent 4 1/2 hours and finished this quilt.  Hallelujah!!

I love it, but it sure took me a long time to make--2 years, but who is counting? :)   I am actually quite happy that I finshed it before I have to get out the Christmas decor.  There are 160 flying geese in this quilt.  I don't need to make those for awhile.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Attitude of Gratitude:
The words---I love You
hot chocolate
orange thread
Be Nice to People,
Julie

13 comments:

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Congratulation on finishing a lovely quilt. Love the pumpkins!

my cup of tea said...

I love fall! All your hard work paid off! It turned out beautiful! Who cares how long it took, now it is done!
~Blessings~
donna

Sheila said...

Julie your quilt is beautiful as usual!
Hugz,
Sheila

Debbie said...

I love the quilt! It looks fantastic. I want to do a quilt top one of these days.

Hope you enjoy your Sunday!
*hugs*
Debbie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Julie those colors are striking! I can see why it took so long though - those geese look dreadful detailed!!

LOve your attitude of Gratitude - you are always so inspiring!

Have a great week!

Kerin said...

Julie, what a beautiful quilt! Job well done!!
You always make the nicest, and cutest things :)
And your home always looks cozy and inviting!

Leslie said...

Julie,

Just thought I would take some time and stop by a few fellow bloggers blogs. It's been awhile :) How are you?

It's beautiful! It was worth the 2 year wait :) Why do we crafters do that to ourselves?

Leslie

Karen said...

Pumpkins with all the flying geese. What a good combination. And just in time for the fall season.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! I have not tried the flying geese pattern yet. I am still working on log cabin and patchwork. LOL. I still need to learn how to machine quilt. I always get puckers and it makes me mad.

Mary

Diane said...

that's a lovely fall quilt, worth the time! I love flying geese blocks, but 160 is a lot!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Beautiful, Julie! Talk about perserverance! I'm always impressed with your quilting! There's so much love in a quilt! I think that's so YOU!

Blessings,
Tammy

Friendship Crossing said...

What a beautiful quilt and it doesn't matter how long it took!

Very stunning! Love the colors!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

Jo-Anne said...

Beautiful finish!
I did a little blog catching up just now. I have missed reading your blog.:)