Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn Blessings

See the Autumn Blessings sign in the photo?  Yes, I have received Autumn blessings.  Sheila and I did a swap, and I always come out WAY ahead when we swap with each other.  She is so very generous.   She adds the right touch with color, smell, distressing, flowers, fabric, words, etc., etc.  Thanks so much Sheila.  LOVE it all!!!!
This is a gift from another blog friend. Her note said to enjoy the sunflowers. I loved it all.  So sweet and generous of her.  And I enjoyed all the yellow. That HAS to be the most cheery color!!
This is so cute.  If have never seen anything like this. LOVED it all.  Thanks so much, Kerin.
I haven't had too many yard sale days this summer but I went a couple weeks ago and found this treasure for 5.00.  I am trying to think if I want to be brave and paint it a different color.  Any ideas on that? ( I need you pros out there who paint things all the time to just come paint it for me---you know who you are ;)
Since I'm a teacher, this old desk caught my eye. It needed a little TLC.  What to do with it?
After I dusted and scrubbed it, I turned it into an end table. It has a hole on top of it for an ink well. Does anyone know where I could find an ink bottle with ink?  I also need to round up some old books.  For now though, this is how it looks.  Not bad for 5 bucks. 
Hope this first day of Autumn is full of blessings for you and that you enjoy this spectacular season of the year!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

9 comments:

Jessica said...

She was making breadsticks. :) ps my favorite thing is the candle with matches connected to it.

Eliza said...

Oh, I love that old school desk!! My parents use to have one like that when I was very very little and I loved pretending I was big enough to go to school like my older siblings. I love how you decided to use it as an end table, what a great idea.

Sheila said...

So glad you like everything Julie! Your student desk is so neat turned into end table-brilliant idea. I saw one yesterday but it was $50 so I left it there!
Wishing you a beautiful autumn day~

ohiofarmgirl said...

I found an ink bottle and feather pen at an auction. Maybe an antique shop.
Love the quilts...I am dreaming of hanging some of them in my home...but I don't think I have that kind of talent! Dianntha

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

You are lucky getting those autumnal things as a gift...lucky you! I like how you are using your old school desk. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Such nice goodies!

Farmchick said...

Love all your goodies...everything just looks SO nice. :)

Wishing you a happy fall and a wonderful weekend too. :)

Come say hi.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Your desk is great. I had one like that when I was in school. I am dating myself now. We can find ink bottles in our antique and junk shops around here ever so often. I like that you are using it as an end table.

Fall is definitely in our neck of the woods today. In the 50's and windy.

Enjoy your blog.

Michele said...

Love the desk! I have one, however it's only the seat. It's always fun to find someone else that loves a good find. Please feel free to visit my blog ~ www.abushelandapeck-frugalfanny.blogspot.com and check out some of my finds!