Friday, June 25, 2010

American Spirit

I love to decorate with Americana.  I like red, white and blue.  I think our flag is awesome. And  I am so grateful for the freedoms that we enjoy.
This book has pictures of the flag in many different locations.

One Nation under God....
Even black looks good with American spirit :).

That darling spring star was given to me in a swap from Sheila.  It is so cute!!

The runner is from Jo-Anne and the can arrangement is from Sheila.  How did I ever decorate without you two?

Just added the stitchery and the "I Love America" to the shelf.

These salt dough bowl fillers are from Colleen--from another swap. She is simply amazing when it comes to making them. They are so detailed, colorful and SMELL so good!!  I LOVE them. ( I made the runner).

I would like to sail on a boat in July...

These rag balls are from Sheila.  She is so very talented. I walk past them and get a wonderful whiff of  essential oils or something she put on them. 

A runner I made.
Can't forget Uncle Sam and Lady Libery. 

That very cute rag pillow is from Jo-Anne.  It is so dang cute.
The fireplace mantle.  As you know, one of my favorite places in our home to decorate. (The picture in the center is from Sheila, as well).  Blog friends are the BEST!!


This darling summery runner is from Kimberly. It is the perfect summer colors. It matches so well the lamp and the love seat that it is sitting by. It's a good thing for such awesome, talented blog friends.  Their goodies really make our house a home.
Have a great weekend!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

6 comments:

Farmchick said...

Hi--just stopping in for a visit...I have been out of the loop and I am sure missing everyone. :) LOVE all your decorating...looks so, SO nice. Stop over for a visit soon. :0)

Kerin said...

Such cute decor!! Makes me want to do an entire room in red, white and blue !!
You sure do have some talented friends and of course you are soooo talented with the sewing stuff!!
Thanks for sharing such great pictures and getting me in the mood to decorate for July :)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Julie,

I just LOVE all of your Americana!!! I especially LOVE all the quilted items. I am such a sucker for them.

Mary

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I'll take one of everything ... please! I always love to see your displays and handiwork, Julie. And everyone else's here today as well.

Glad the new fillers have found a home. Thank you so much for the kind words, my friend. Enjoy!

Jo-Anne said...

Julie- I love my little quilt. It looks perfect on my table. The size is just what I was thinking. Thanks for the little pillows too. They are adorable and have found a cozy little home in my big blue bowl with their cousins, the rag balls! haha! I would love to do another swap in the fall!
Take care.
Jo-Anne

Kimberly said...

So glad you like it, Julie! Yours hasnt srrived yet... maybe we should move closer to eath other!
I loooove the pillow in your last pic - is it a pattern? I'm not asking to borrow it, but is there a name so I could look it up?
Hugs, K