Monday, May 31, 2010

Ancestors

Yesterday, we visited the cemetary where my paternal great-grandmother and great-grandfather are buried.  I have such a respect for my ancestors and will never forget the sacrifices they made so that I can have the comforts and lifestyle I have today.
I only wish I could have known them. I am sure they were stalwart, wonderful people.  I hope we all REMEMBER our roots today and everyday. 
GOD bless the USA.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

4 comments:

Faith said...

Julie, I love the flag quilt you have on your page! It is just beautiful! Did you make it? I would love to know how to make one if you would like to share. Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Kerin said...

Thanks for helping us remember and feel more gratitude for all who have sacrificed for our comforts and blessings !!!
We're off to the cemetary today in Nephi.... I want to take flowers to my dad's and grandparents, uncles, etc...
Have a wonderful day :)

Anonymous said...

Wow your blog is beautiful!! Love your header :)

Simple Home said...

How wonderful to be able to go and visit their graves. Mine are mostly in the Midwest, so I've only seen them a few times. I agree, I'm very thankful for all they did.
Blessings,
Marcia