Yesterday was the Fifth grade program. It is so nice to say that is was yesterday and that we DID it!! After many hours of worry, we pulled it off. The Fifth grade class that I have been subbing in, and the other fifth grade class performed a program called "We Can Make a Difference." "Einstein"--aka--our fabulous librarian, led the kids through time telling them stories of kids who have made a difference in this world...like Pocahontas, Sybil Ludington, Ruby Bridges, Johnny Clem and Diego Bermudez(Now if you don't know who these kids were, GOOGLE them, have a history lesson and find out how they made a difference.) It was fabulous. Since I was the sub for the teacher who wrote the program, I directed it. S.C.A.R.E.Y
Doesn't SHE make a great Einstein? :)
The fifth graders singing--you can see the back of my blond head--heehee!
Our Rebecca was Pocahontas...she took her role very seriously in the dance she and some of her classmates performed.
Here is Rebecca saying her speaking part. She was cute, and it was a great experience. I was exhausted when it was over, but I know that these kids will "make a difference" in our world!! Be Nice to People,
Julie





3 comments:
I sure miss the days like this when our kids were involved in a school program! How awesome for you to be a part of it all. Love your Patriotic page!
Hope you are having warmer weather than us~I'll be in Utah next weekend for a wedding that I have designed the flowers for. Was hoping to try to stay an extra day an maybe meet you in person, but we won't be able to stay over. Another time I hope! Trying to plan a trip to Thanksgiving Point later this summer.
Take care and hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day with loved ones.
~Hugz
Looks like a great program and such good costumes! Have a great holiday weekend!
Good Morning Julie!
By the looks of the pictures, I would say that the program was a huge success!! Have to give a shout out for Pocahontas..... we are decendents of hers :)
Sure hope ya'll have a great Memorial day weekend and do something fun !!
Post a Comment