Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The robins are bobbin'

My sewing machine and I have become reaquainted lately. It has been fun to catch-up on some projects that have been sitting around unsewn for such a long time.
This table topper was a pattern that I just wanted to learn how to do. It is made from 9 patch squares, cut in half sewed back together with a different 9 patch and then cut again. It was very fun. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share the pattern. Just let me know :)!!
I put out the Easter pillows. Goodness, it is only 11 days away.
More pillows. I stitched these several years ago. Two of them are Buttermilk Basin patterns, and I can't remember where I got the other one.
Two more---fun and easy to do, and not too time consuming.
It is a beautiful Spring day here in Utah. Our lawn in slowly turning green again, the birds are chirping, and the sun is shining. I saw a robin bobbin a long this morning--looking for worms. I just love the change of seasons. Have a great day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Julie! such a cute blog page. Glad you are getting to work on projects. Darling Easter bunny and pillows!
Have a wonderful sunny day!

Terri Lynn said...

Oh i am so Jealous i have not crafted in so long Love the table topper its beautiful and all you easter Items are so cute !!

Jo-Anne said...

What? Easter is 11 days away? I guess I better get crackin'!
I enjoy seeing your decorations every time the seasons change. They are so fun!:)
I am very interested in talking to you about that pattern. It looks like I could possibly pull that one off.
(I always knew when the robins showed up, spring was surely on it's way!)
Have a great day-
oxox
Jo-Anne

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Hey Julie ME I want that quilt pattern!!!! I think it's awesome!

Mary

West Side of Straight said...

I love your quilt table topper! You did great. I think I'll make one like it. Did it start out w/5" squares?

Kerin said...

Good Morning!
Again with the cute pillows! I admire your talent for sewing and making cute handiwork projects.
The sun is beaming here today also.
Yipee!
Have a great day!

Faith said...

I would love to have the quilted table topper pattern too! I haven't done much quilting but would like to and that looks like something that would be a good starter project. I really enjoy visiting your blog!

Jazy said...

Hi Julie!
Love the pattern! I love reading your blog!

Hugs Jazy

Anonymous said...

Oh.. me too.. me too.. I love your table topper and I would love the pattern. I love your blog!! Have a great day!

Hugs,
Stella

Anonymous said...

I would love to get the quilt pattern. Love all your stitcheries. Everything is soooo cute.

Robin

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I always love seeing what you have created. You are so talented. Everything you make is just darling Julie!!

Teri said...

OH, I love your Easter things! I really love the variation on the 9 patch and would love the pattern. We are having unseasonably warm temps where I live in northern michigan which is highly unusual..and I, too, saw a robin..unbelievable!!! Hoppy Easter! I enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

I love everything!...oh, if only I could quilt!...But believe me, I am much better with a power tool!

Nanette Merrill said...

It is fun to hear the birds again, I just was thinking that this morning. I love digging out spring things when I can hear the birds. I keep hoping to see buds on trees, not quite yet but my crocus shoots are coming up.

Nanette Merrill said...

It is really cute. LOve seeing what you are up to.