Monday, February 15, 2010

MLIA

I have a Facebook account. One of the profiles that I am a "fan" of is...My Life is Average. Because, basically, my life is average--MLIA!! I just went around my house and shot some random shots. I love that my life is so ordinary. I wouldn't trade it. So here are just some average photos of an average day in my average life :)!!!
This is the first quilt that I ever made. I took a class. I made two--this one and a civil war one. Same blocks, totally different look. I pieced it and then hand quilted it. I named it "The Kids" because it's brightness and cheerfulness reminded me of them.

The gerber daisies I got my from love on Valentine's Day. You know you are a country girl at heart when you would rather have daisies than roses.

The laundry that is waiting to be folded. If I would get off the computer, that might happen.
Contentment...Blessings...
Just a little snippet, of a corner, of my world.
My hubby cleaning the 44 fish they caught this weekend while ice fishing. They had a great time. He took Jessica, Rebecca and Karissa, and two neighbors went, also. Thank you, Mister Washington and Mr. Lincoln, for being presidents, so that my honey could have a day off.:)
This chicken reminds me of me---on the run!!
These wool flowers were made for me by a great quilting friend. I think of her each time I look at them.
The bench: from my brother, the quilt: made by me, the doll: from the store--I think--or yard sale. Just simple. Just Average.
Hope your day is just like you would like it to be.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

14 comments:

Sheila said...

I loved seeing the lovely things that make your "average" home! Not a thing wrong with that! Fits my lifestyle as well.
Glad you're enjoying your Monday.
♥ ~Sheila

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Julie ... you make "average" look good, my friend. Enjoy all of those simple, meaningful pleasures...

Kimberly said...

I think I'm pretty average too, Julie! And, like you, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

I love all your "average" things ~ especially the basket of laundry waiting to be folded. I have one of those sitting at my feet as I type this! So, here's to being average ~ I wouldn't trade it for the world either!
Hugs,
Donna

Jo-Anne said...

Average is good. :)

Lynn said...

I loved seeing all your pretty things that makes your home "average". I consider myself a pretty average person too.. and wouldn't want myself any other way!

It makes it so nice that your DH was able to have the day off to do some ice fishing! They sure did catch a bunch! Nothing compares to the taste of eating fresh fish!

Your daisies are beautiful that your hubby got you!

I love your chicken photo! That's how I feel alot of the time too!

Thank you so much for sharing! I love reading your blog!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Unknown said...

Not "average" at all, just prim perfect!

Linda said...

Looks to me that you are above average.

Leah said...

I love "just average" - but it is whatever you make it! -- It looks like you have a very happy comfy home!

Carole said...

Average is good enough for me too, and so enjoyable, and filled with many beautiful things... that money can't buy of course.
Love your flowers (the real one for Valentine, and the felted ones!) and the bench... oh it makes me dream !

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Hey Average is good with me, i feel the same about myself! Enjoyed the pics!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I'll take your kind of average any day Julie!! It's the simple pleasures in life that fill our hearts.

I am a daisie gal as well - they were my wedding flowers! But this year hubby decided on roses and LILies - and that thought melted my heart!

Have a wonderfully average week!!

Kerin said...

Ok... seriously love the pillow that is pictured on your header !
You are making me want to sew up some cute accent pillows for our home!
Isn't it great being part of the average folk !
Beats the heck out of being considered 'out there' !!
Have a great day! :)

Wendy said...

Hi Julie,
I wanted to stop lurking and say hello! I love your posts , you always make me smile....your 'average life' is looking good from over here! :)
Take care, Wendy x