Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Christmas...

"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again."
*************President Howard W. Hunter
This is one of my favorite quotes at Christmas time. I have it posted on our fridge. It is a gentle reminder to me of what the season is all about. Have a nice weekend.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

8 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks for sharing Julie! A great reminder for us all!
Rondell

Debbie said...

Not just something we should do around Christmas but everyday!

Thank you Julie for reminding us,

Debbie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

That's perfect Julie - I love it and I am going to print that out right now!!

Kimberly said...

Pssst... hey Julie... YOU WON my giveaway!! Congrats my friend! I'll mail out your goodies tomorrow! Have a great afternoon... we're here watching the snow fly so ours will be wonderful.
Hugs to you, Kimberly

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love this!! something I could definitely use and be reminded of on a daily basis..thanks for sharing..;)

Elise said...

Hi Julie

Perfect for the festive season and all year through.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I love this!
I need it on fridge too!
Thanks!
Merry Christmas!
Enjoy your day
Mercy

Love My Country Home said...

Love the quote. What a great reminder to relax and slow down this season.