Monday, November 9, 2009

What a guy!!

How nice of everyone to give well wishes on my health. Thank you. I am fine. The doctor found 2 little kidney stones--other than that, I am just chipper!! So today.. I am thankful for good health!!

I am also thankful for a good husband. He worked on some projects for the house this weekend, and I didn't even ask him to!! Two thumbs up!!
I think I posted this photo a long time ago. This is a BIG MISTAKE photo of when I cut his hair one time. (Makes me cringe to look at it.) Unfortunately, I did it the night before we left on our Mexican Riveria Cruise. NOT PRETTY. It has almost been 2 years since this happened. I guess it left such a lasting impression on me because not one unkind, sarcastic, or demeaning thing did he say to me. Pretty amazing!! Of course, during the whole cruise we did a comb-over to cover it, and then shalacked his hair with hairspray. He wore hats a lot, too. Oh man. Get this. I STILL cut his hair. He lets me. I can guarantee I have not made the same mistake again. :) What a guy!!

He is a great Dad to our four girls. He is way out-numbered in this house, but he is kind, sensitive, and LAYS LOW, so as to deal with all the hormones that flow. :) No small task!!

He loves anything to do with the outdoors, and when camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, etc. he always leaves the environment better than he found it.

I am thankful for him because he loves me no matter what. I trust him completely. He is the BEST!! So glad he is with me forever!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie



12 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Julie, I'm so glad it's just kidney stones! I was thinking about your exam and praying for the best!

Your husband's haircut boo boo picture is too funny! LOL I cut my husband's hair, too...I remember the first time I cut it when we were dating...I shaved a little too much on one side, but not like your hubby's! LOL

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

that is quite the haircut...I too did not as bad but a bad haircut on my hubby..he went and had it fixed looked like he had a high and tight..I just kept practicing..and I got it right...great photos.have a good one..;)

Kimberly said...

Wozers my friend - my hubby won't even let me makes his lunch in the morning, let alone cut his hair. ;)

So glad you're doing well... I think of you lots and the impact your words have on me.

Be nice to people, Kimberly

Linda said...

Oh my gosh Julie that picture made me laugh. You know I cut my husbands hair all the time as well. But I use the shaver down to a #3 so it is a close cut. ,The doctor also thinks that I have a kidney stone since I have been in terrible pain in my back. I go Wed for an ultra sound. So I know first hand how excrutiating the pain is.

Sheila said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and that it was "only" kidney stones. They sure aren't a walk in the park though. Had them before too.
I laughed at the hair cut! Many years ago when my hubby was working very long hours 7 days a week and unable to go have his hair cut I had to do it. Luckily the man wears hats! When I was finished it looked as though I put a bowl over his head. We still laugh about it. The hair spray and hat's on vacation was to funny! Good man you got there.
Take care.

Adam and Crystal said...

ah...I remember when you did that haircut, I though it was pretty funny. He really is a great guy.
Love you guys. I hope I get to see you soon. Are you going to Grandma's for Thanksgiving this year?

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

What a wonderful hubby you have and I am glad you have someone so special in your life! God is so good to us!!
Glad to hear your health is good and hope you get rid of your kidney stones quickly!
Take care!! :0)

Jo-Anne said...

I am so glad to hear that your doing okay. I hope you can get the necessary treatment so you will be 100% again!
Too bad about that haircut!! ;)
I remember the first time I cut Craigs hair....I was so nervous that I hardly cut anything....he asked me later to cut a little more off and I felt so stupid! haha! Now he just asks for exactly what he wants. :)

Elise said...

Hi Julie

I know kidney stones can be incredibly painful. I hope that now you have been diagnosed with these you can be treated; free of pain and well again soon.

My mum also has one of those sort of photos - the one where she made a BIG mistake cutting my dad's hair. My dad now goes to a barber!!

What a remarkable husband you have. This was a wonderful tribute to your husband.

Nanette Merrill said...

I had kidney stones this past summer. NOT FUN. The pic of the haircut mistake has happened at my house. You are so not alone in all your mistakes my dear.

limpingalong said...

Oh, my, I know just what happened with the haircut -- my Sweetie did that to himself one morning -- when he woke me up to see if I could do anything (nope, couldn't make it grow really quick, and my prayer to God to turn back the clock was denied!) It did grow back, of course, but it took a while. I was blessed -- at least I didn't do it!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

A good husband is such a precious gift from the Lord.