I love November. It is a great month to think about blessings. Not that we need just one month to do that, but the focus seems to be more on gratitude and being grateful this month than any other. I have a few decorations for the month--not near as many as Christmas or Halloween, but some.

I made this pillow. It is kind of hard to see, but each square has something I stitched for which I am thankful.

I made this little hanging--count your blessings--they really do add up!!

Another wall-hanging I made. This is a Meme's quilt pattern. Her patterns are fun--I have a link on my side bar to her site if you would like to take a peek.

Another little stitchery...

This hangs on the front door.
Have you ever kept a gratitude journal and written daily the blessings you were thankful for that day? If not, I challenge you to do that. It opens eyes to the postive, wonderful daily blessings that we sometimes take for granted. I have done this many times. It is so good to do.
Today I am grateful for: the sun, 4 tender girls, a trust-worthy husband, flannel sheets, a washer and dryer, and my health. Now your turn... Have a blessed day--and MAKE it that way!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
10 comments:
Well, when I read the title of this post I was quite surprised, because I tend to think the opposite ! November is generally the beginning of a long period of cold and tiredness that we'll get out of only around April/May. But I must say that the cheerful tone of your post makes me think twice ! Thanks for this different outlook on things, I will do a "Thankfulness Journal".
And your Count your Blessing stitchery is just fabulous. I LOVE it !
I love November too! Oct, Nov and Dec are my favorite months. All three offer so much beauty. And for me it's the time of family togetherness because of the holidays. As a Christian I am thankful every day, but this time of year is still extra special to me. :)
Love all the goodies you've made!
I have been adding my gratitude on the end of each post for a few weeks now. You do indeed have so many things to be thankful for! Love all yout thankful creations Julie - you are so talented!!
I love your fall decor..you have done a great job on those stitcherys..I love them...I am thankful for a fridge full of food..warm and cozy house..a fire in the stove.. our 7 kittys and 1 stinky puppy..and all my blogging buddys..;)
I agree that most of us at this time of year tend to think the opposite. We sike ourselves out by ranting about all that needs to be done in the next few months. What a nice reminder to all of us of how "thankful" we are and should be for the many blessings in our lives. Not just for the upcoming holidays but everyday. The journal idea is a great one and plan on making it a daily practice as I write in my daily planner already.
Your stitchery pieces are wonderful!
A bit ago I decided I would remember x amount of blessings in my prayers. It was a great lesson to me to realize things I never thank Heavenly Father about. I think thanking Him and then turning to find someone in need and doing for them is they key. Really that is one of the keys to a happy life.
oh, i really like the pillow with the words you add yourself. great idea!
Enjoyed my visit - I'm starting a "Thankful Thursday" for the month of November to chronicle some of the things I'm thankful for! Happy November!
What a sweet, uplifting post, Julie. And I always love peeking at your lovely handmades. I think the stitchery featured in your header is my favorite. Where did you find the pattern for that one?
I hope all's well, my friend...
Wonderful work, you are very talented! November is probably my favorite month of the year, too!
Post a Comment