Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Far Out and Groovy!!

I actually fed 20 teenagers, survived, lived to tell about it, and had a great time!! Saturday was the Halloween dance at the local high school. Since it was a girl's choice dance, I told Jessica that I would make dinner for her and her friends. I thought 5 or 6 couples--but we had 10!! Yup 20 boys and girls of the teenage variety.

I served lasagne, jello with eyeballs, this veggie skeleton man,
and homemade breadsticks. Savanna made them and colored them orange, green and purple--very festive!! We had root beer on dry ice and pumpkin pie cake for dessert. Not much was left. I guess teenagers will eat most anything!!

We decorated and covered a window. Look at all thoses peeping toms!!
Danny--Jessica's date and Jessica. The group decided to go as decades. So obviously, Jessica and Danny did the 50's. Some couples did 80's, 60's, 90's. Bret and I, at the last minute, decided to join the fun and came as a
70's Couple!! Aren't we just far out and groovy?!!! Bret walked around shaking hands and acting like most people did in the 70's---well, I'll leave that to your imagination. We borrowed the clothes from a neighbor. Bret's suit was green suede. It had been purchased in the 70's in Las Vegas for $600.00. He was so afraid he was going to spill on it or something. That wig of mine, itched like crazy and was in my eyes most of the night--oh the memories!! We had a blast!!! It made us feel young again. Kudo's to a bunch of good, fun-loving teenagers!! They were the BEST!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

11 comments:

Becky J. said...

red is a good color for you. how fun!

West Side of Straight said...

Oh, what fun! It's so much fun to have all those kids around, and this is a fun time of the year! Love your menu - a great hit with the kids!

Matt said...

Thanks for serving dinner! It was great. However, I couldn't look at you and Bret without laughing! You just don't look the same. :)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Julie, you're the hostess with the mostess! How brave of you to feed all those teenagers. LOL Love the veggie skeleton!

Carin said...

What a blast! They will remember it for ever! You are to cool!

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

I love that vege skeleton. Very creative idea.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

glad a good time was had by all..love the costumes..you look groovy baby!!!:)

Jessica said...

Thanks again for doing that mom! It was super groovy and far out. ;) Love you!

Elise said...

Your veggie skeleton is awesome.

What special memories were obviously made on this night - for you, your family and your 20 guests.

Barb J. said...

Congratulations on feeding that many hungry teenage appetites successfully!

Nanette Merrill said...

How fun. You guys have a lot of spirit. It is such a busy fun day.