Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Mom, That's Impressive!!"

So, yesterday, my sewing machine and I got reaquainted. It was like visiting an old friend. I finally, after wanting to for a long time, made an apron--well, actually...2!!

But, I have to show a picture of my Rebecca first. Here is a little story. When Rebecca got home from school, she came to my sewing room. I told her I had been making aprons today. She is one who "TELLS IT LIKE IT IS." You always know where you stand with Rebecca. She looks over the apron, holds it up, turns it this way and that, puts it on and says, "Mom... that's Impressive." Wow, I knew I had arrived!! I had Rebecca's approval!! Oh Happy Day!!!
Here is my Halloween apron. I made it second. It only took me an hour, and I only had to unpick one little thing. I still need to get the buttons for the flaps on the pockets. I get to wear this one Saturday night when I feed dinner to 11 teen-age couples--that's 22 teenagers----people!! (but that post is for a different day).

Here is my Christmas apron. This one took longer, because I was figuring it out. I really DO NOT like to read patterns. I did it though!! I'm now off to the store to buy some fabric to make Rebecca and Karissa an apron!! After all, "I was impressive." Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie

14 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Very cute aprons!! They are adorable!.....And how in the world did you get yourself into feeding 22 teenagers?!!!!LOL Take care!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

you are remarkable! cute, cute aprons. Yummy I didn't know we were coming to dinner on satUrday lol.
You have fun!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Those are so cute! I wouldn't ever want to get them dirty.
So glad you could impress your daughter. I know it's a very hard job! Yeah for moms!

Carin said...

They turned out darling!

Carole said...

The aprons are lovely. Elise saw them and said, how nice with the Halloween theme.
Talking about the "Tell it like it is" type, I have the exact same little girl at home. It can be embarassing in public... We took a holiday, Elise and I, and booked a room on the internet. When we arrived there she told the lady she was happy we got the blue room because the purple one's decoration was ugly !!! I felt like running and hiding (but fortunately the lady didn't take offence, phew !)

West Side of Straight said...

Those aprons are so cute = material and pattern. You did good! Glad your daughter was impressed-hard to do sometimes isn't it.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you did a fantastic job..love the fabrics on them both.;)

Kimberly said...

Julie, that IS impressive... much more daring than I usually go. (Me and patterns just decided one day to go our seperate ways and that was it!)
And to quote my daughter Emily, "That is CUTE!!"

So, thumbs up from both sides!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh my word those are fabulous!!!!

Don't you just love kids that "Tell it Like it is" ??? LOL That would be my 10 year old son.

Mary

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Neat post and aprons...feeding 22 teenagers? but you know something, I bet it will be alot of fun:)

My youngest is like your daughter!!!
Rondell

Jo-Anne said...

Very adorable aprons!!! (I'm with you on the pattern following bit. I call myself a "free-spirited" sewer!) It's nice to hear your little one was impressed...as you know that happens less and less as they get older! haha!
Let me guess...you have hosting the dinner for the Sadie HAwkins dance???? SO fun! We did that a few times. It's a riot to have all those kids over! :)
HAve fun!
Jo-Anne

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What adorable aprons, Julie! And such a sweet story to go with them too.

Twenty-two teenagers????

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Cute, cute aprons; but 22 teenagers. Wow, you are brave. It will be fun though.

Have a good time.

Maxine

Michelle Payne said...

Great aprons! I would love to know who the designer is. They would make great gifts for Christmas!