Tuesday, August 4, 2009

When did August get here?

I think I'm in denial that August is here. The summer just whizzed by and before I know it, I will have 4 girls brimming with homework, reading, projects and all that comes with school. We handle it, but I'm not sure I am ready...yet.

I finished some projects and got them hung today. Took down all the Americana stuff.
(sniff, sniff...)
This is one of the 12 kits I got at a yard sale--now I have made 2--1o to go. They are quick and simple to do and finish.

Finally put this up--like I say, I am in denial that August is here. I even found myself saying to Karissa at the store today when she asked me for something, that maybe she could put that on her CHRISTMAS list---what was I thinking? Man...

This is a golden pineapple, even though the photo shows otherwise. I hung this on the front door.
I got this valance at a yard sale awhile back. I tea-dyed it--it's darker than appears. I usually have a homemade valance at the kitchen window, but thought this one would be nice for a change. Hope that your August days are fun-filled!! It's here, ready or not.
Be nice to people,
Julie


6 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love all your projects, Julie! Especially the sunflower. :) Did you get your air conditioner fixed? Ours has done that a time or 2.

So fun to hear that your quilting friends liked my paintings. That's what I love is bringing smiles to others. :)

Carin said...

Great projects! August is usually the whirlwind month for me. Enjoy the last of summer.

Kimberly said...

Oh Julie, I love your sunflower! Do you think I might borrow your patterns when you're finished with the 12? I'll for sure make it worth your while :)
And the colors you used on your August stitcherie look great!
When do your girls go ack to school? Ours aren't until Sept 8th this year... later than usual.
Have a great day!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

We are in the home stretch, aren't we? The kids and I picked up their school supplies yesterday and so we are getting ready for the first day of school. August 31st here in Maine.

I always love seeing your handmades and your home, Julie. You are such a talented lady...

And I sure hope your AC is fixed and providing some much needed relief.

Have a lovely afternoon, my friend.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Great stuff there, Julie! Like you, I'm not ready for August to be here either! I'm in school planning mode and it's coming fast!

It is super hot here too! Sure hope that a/c is working for you now!

Blessings,
Tammy

Nanette Merrill said...

Always cute stuff Julie. I don't know how August got here either!!! I"m kind of in summer shock right now realizing I have a wedding, grandbaby due and then Christmas. It is coming like a runaway train.