This a long-past due post. I have been thinking about life and it's twists and turns a lot lately. I have mentioned that I have had some health concerns as of late. I won't go into the ugly details, but suffice it to say, I have had more ultrasounds, x-rays, exams, ct scans, blood drawings and poking and prodding than I would have liked to have in a lifetime. It has been a long 4 weeks. I finally received two letters in the mail this week stating this: "Your cytology study showed no malignant cells meaning the test did not reveal cancer" and, "your lab test was NORMAL."
So, do you sit down and cry? Yes, you do. Do you kneel down and pray and thank Heavenly Father? Yes, you do. Do you feel more empathy and understanding for those facing cancer and dealing with it on a daily basis? Yes, you do. Do you appreciate your NORMAL life and family routine? Yes, you do!! Do you have a change of perspective? Yes, you do. I have learned through this experience that we CANNOT take whatever our NORMAL is for granted!! Normal is different for each one of us, and we can handle our NORMAL however we choose. I have a new view on the word NORMAL. So, I want to just share some photos today of my NORMAL--my world, my life, my reasons to live....my eternal family. I thank each one of them for helping me stay grounded--they bring me joy, and they are the reason for the journey.

Bret and I have been married 19 years in August. I love him more today than 19 years ago--he completes me in every way. XOXOXOXOXO to him.

Four of the sweetest blessings ever given to a mother.

40 perfect little toes!! Their baby steps are so quickly turning into adult strides---it is a pleasure watching them as they grow.

My sweet Jessica---so nice to see her carefree--she is usually a pretty serious girl with lots of high aspirations and goals. Her potential is limitless.

My determined Savanna. She has an amazing handle on life--she just DOES it!! No questions asked. She is on the track team, and this is her taking second in her race!!

My sensitive Rebecca. She has a heart as big as a mountain. Her sensitivity to people, animals and life in general is so tender.

My happy Karissa. If you need to laugh or smile or observe the little things in life, hang around this kid. She turns 7 tomorrow...so glad she came to our home.
Sorry, if this post sounds like I live in a fairy tale world. I really don't. We have our trials and weaknesses like all other families. But, my appreciation and love for my family is so at the surface this week. I am so thankful for each one of them.
I am going to a Women's Conference at BYU for the next two days. I will return determined to be a better woman, wife and mother. Life is good---I love normal!!
Be nice to people,
Julie
17 comments:
Hey...I'm going too!!! I can't wait!
PTL! I'm so glad your tests were normal! I think sometimes we get so busy, like you said, and don't realize how much normal is a blessing! This was a wonderful post! I love normal too! You are really blessed with a beautiful family! I love the picture of the girls toes...so sweet!
Have a great time on your trip!
Tammy
I so enjoyed reading your post today! You are very blessed. Hope you have a great trip.
Thank God!!! I am so happy for you Julie that you have gotten a good report God is so good!! And your family is so beautiful!! god bless and have a great time!!~hugs~Wendy
I am so happy that everything came back "NORMAL" for you! Yipee!
And normal is the best there is!
Congratulations on being "normal"!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
XXDenise
Horray!! I'm glad that everything is ok. Have a safe trip.
Julie, What a wonderful post! Thank God your test results were good. I am always thanking him for my families good health but I think we shouldn't take our life for granted. Thanks for sharing with us.
Carey
http://americangirlprimitivesnsuch.blogspot.com/
How wonderful that your test came back normal! What a beautiful post and such a sweet family! Thanks for sharing!
wow, if only I could be normal, at least that is what my kids keep telling me...lol. I am so glad that all is well, but are you feeling better? Have fun, bring back lots of great ideas.
Julie,
I'm so happy to hear that your tests were normal. But does this mean you still don't know what is wrong? My Mom is having some health issues lately, too and it has me a little scared....hoping for the best, of course, though.
You have a beautiful family and have so much to be thankful for! I know you know that, though :)
Have a great day!
Leslie
Hooray for you! Hubby's biopsy just turned up a patch of skin cancer on his back, but it's the 'good' kind that's easily treatable. Having been through that I can empathize how you've been feeling the last few weeks. Glad to hear about your good news. And have fun a Women's Conference - I have never been but it's on my list of things to do.
Beautiful post and I am SO happy you are healthy! You give me definite food for thought and you inspired me :o) Enjoy your meeting.
What good news!!!! I am so relieved for you and your family.
This is a sweet post. Your family is so precious.
Have a wonderful time at your conference.
Thinking of you--
Jo-Anne
Hi Julie
Normal is good - you wouldn't want it any other way. I am so happy for you and your fmily that your results came back normal. These sorts of situations certainly do give us perspective. Appreciating normal does make for a sense of peace and allows us to be content. I sometimes lose perspective and take for granted my truly blessed life. I am trying to learn to not sweat the small stuff and show gratitiude for everything that I do have.
Your post about meeting God was beautiful and inspiring.
Lots of love
Elise
Glad to hear your tests are 'normal'...loved your post! Enjoy and love your normal family...I love mine too...hahaha!
OH Julie - I am so sorry you went through all that scare. I have been in those shoes a few times too and it really does change your perspective. I am a better person for them I have to say. I hope you continue to enjoy your normal for years to come!!
hugs, Linda
Post a Comment