Friday, April 17, 2009

Fitting in a phone booth

Well, after numerous visits to the doctor, I have finally been diagnosed with a kidney infection--a pretty intense one. The doctor, last night, thought I had gone into kidney failure, but four viles of blood later, just discovered that I had a kidney infection. I have honestly not been so sick. I am taking two antibiotics--for 10 days--time is key, I guess.

So, today I am counting blessings of getting-better-health and family. It's so nice to have both. I am blessed beyond measure, and I am grateful.

A photo taken while we were on Spring break. This old fire engine was on the grounds of the pizza place where we had dinner one night.
Yup, we all fit in the phone booth---you don't see these old phone booths too often anymore. Good times, good memories. Hope the weekend is wonderful for all of you.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

10 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I LOVE the family photos, Julie! And I am so glad that you're on the mend at last. What a welcome relief that must be.

Enjoy your weekend, my sweet friend...

Sara said...

Those photos are great! I love the phone booth one. My DH would be rolling his eyes at me!

Hope you feel better soon. I had a kidney infection once and don't want another one!!!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a relief, Julie. I'm so glad it's just an infection. I had a kidney infection back in college and it was no fun. Get well soon!

Debbie said...

Your family photos are great. Glad you found out what was wrong. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Take Care,
Debbie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a precious photo in the phone booth....ah yes...I remember those!

I'm glad they figured out what was wrong, Julie! I hope you're feeling much better real soon!

Hugs,
Tammy

Linda said...

Hi Julie, I've had bladder infections in the past, not nice. I'm glad you are on the mend.

Great family photos

Eliza said...

Ugh, I'm sorry you have a kidney infection... I had one once that took me to the ER, not fun. Enjoy some good old cranberry juice and start feeling better.

...and I love the phone booth picture!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

All praise to our Lord! You are truely blessed!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Love the old phone booth, but it's even better with your family stuffed inside! Perfect!

Sorry about your kidney infection! Bummer! Glad they got it diagnosed, though, and you'll be feeling betrer soon!

Thanks for checking in on me! I'll be sure to pass on any recipes that are a success!!!!

Cora

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a great photo! LOVE it!

Wow this is wierd - not long ago a kidney infection caused one of my scares too. I hope by now it is completely cleared up!

hugs, Linda