1. Because I have been given much, I too much give;
Because of they great bounty, Lord, each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from thee With ev'ry brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me.
2. Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care,
I cannot see another's lack and I not share
My glowing fire, my loaf of bread, My roof's safe shelter overhead,
That he too may be comforted.
3. Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord,
I'll share thy love again, according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed:
Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.
I have been so blessed in my life with a wonderful family, neighborhood, faith in God, necessities of life, health and even trials and challenges. I hope that because I have been given much, that I too can give.
Be Nice to People,
Julie

10 comments:
What a beautiful song! This past Sunday night my husband preached about the parable of the rich fool from Luke 12. If only the rich man could have known the words to that hymn maybe he would have shared his bounty! We are all SO blessed. And congrats to Rebecca.
Congrats on winning the spelling bee! This is my hubbys favorite hymn.
Wonderful post Julie!!
The quilt/candle boards you asked about... I made the quilts from 3" squares sewed diagonally to make 2 triangle units... then I just mixed them up, sewed them together, backed them with a print fabric (no batting) and sewed the opening closed by hand. Then I glued them to the boards. You could use whatever backing fabric you want and not glue them down... I only glued them because the black paint for some reason did not cover the mark left from the price sticker. The mustard and red did cover it. Go figure!
...Hope this is what you were wondering... wish us luck tomorrow!!
Blessings, Kimberly
Oh, and good luck with YOUR project!!
Congratulations to your daughter for winning the spelling bee and good luck for the up coming one with the older kids.
I made my own rusty bells with javex and vinegar. Pretty potent stuff but it really works well. At Walmart you get a large bag of pins and bells for cheap and they are gold. But after they sit in javex and vinegar they begin rusting.
Congratulations Rebecca! I was proud for you all the way from Tennessee. Your smiling face says it all!
Such a beautiful song ... and I love the quilt on the wall. Very pretty.
Smiles,
Lea
Congratulations to your brilliant Rebecca! Best of luck at the big competition!
I also love that hymn...it has been one of my forever favorites.
I love the words to that hymn. What a great reminder.
You have some beautiful work. Where do you get your patterns? I've recently returned to my country roots and at one time had several patterns (I sold so much at a garage sale and now I regret it so much!) and now I'm trying to get things replaced. I love the primitive things.
Congrats to your daughter!
Christy
Sorry, I guess that must be a Canadian thing...Javex is bleach or I think you guys call it Clorox...something like that.
Post a Comment