Yesterday I mentioned that I would share with you my fabric finds. This store that was having the clearance, had all their flat folds of fabric for $1.99 a yard. These are the Moda, Thimbleberries, Jane Moulton, Andover, and Buggy Barn, etc. kind of fabrics--you know, the good, 8.99 and 9.99 a yard type!! I tried really hard to contain myself.

I bought just a few, but could have gone crazy!! Just like everyone else, though, I have tried to cut back on spending. The pattern was 1.00. It is a pattern for a wall-hanging or runner.

Perfectly Prim!!~pineapples and crows

I finished this quilt top awhile ago, but needed a fabric for the back. My friend,
Becky, finished hers a long time ago!! I WILL get mine done---especially now...

Here is one of the blocks.

Here is my $1.99/ yard fabric for the back--a perfect match.(even though the camera made the shades look different--they really are the same). I bought 3 yards so I can actually get this quilt finished. I really like it, and would love to have a finished project!! Fabric is so grand--everything about it--the shades, the feel, the patterns, and especially taking it from a solid yard and turning it into a quilt or wall-hanging or runner. Happy piecing!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
14 comments:
Love that fabric!!
The fabric is all wonderful and what great deals.
I like your quilt :) I finally sat down and finished mine today, too! I'll share it tomorrow. It's my first attempt so it's not perfect but I think I did pretty well for a first timer!
Have a great night!
Leslie
I LOVE the the material you found!!!
The colors are beautiful and also the prim ones are a great find!
Wish we had material like that around here. Homespun and prim material is VERY hard to come by.
I also just love your quilt!
Can't wait to see the finished item.
Sandy
Great deals on the fabric and it's all so pretty. Pam
I LOVE all of your great fabric finds, Julie!
My mom used to make all of my clothes when I was young, and I remember so fondly going to the fabric store and feeling everything. I still love to do that to this day...though my sewing skills are more serviceable than stellar. There's just something about all of those beautiful patterns and textures.
Learning to quilt is on my list for sure ... someday. Until then I'll admire all of your beautiful creations.
Enjoy all of that new inspiration, my friend!
Oh my ~ your fabric is wonderful! I could not have passed up that deal either. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Smiles,
Lea
Ok, how jealous am I? I know, I know, I'm not supposed to covet my blog buddy's fabric but I can't help it!
...and Nov. 1 works great for me... your's is done already...
Stop in and visit me...I have something for you!
yay for you julie!!! glad you found it and a great deal too. you didn't miss out!
I love that crow print! I have to go way out of town to find good fabric!
all I can say is SCORE!!!
Oh yeah love all your picks on the fabric. I LOVE them all.
I really like your quilt top.
Mary
WOW wonderful, more cute things for julie! Hey thanks for the message about steph. I am so glad that she has left little parts of herself around for others to learn from. I forgot to tell you how cute your happy jack was, or did I. I can't remember. But I think I am going to try and make one, do you mind? It just makes me smile to look at it. Thanks for always being so nice. You make me smile! Tamee
What pretty fabric!! Julie, the quilt looks so complicated to this non quilter! I love the design.
Post a Comment