Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Junk drawer no more

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I get in an organizing frenzy. I think it's the fact that I'm thinking about all the Christmas STUFF that gets put up, brought into, and spread around the house. So, I have been organizing a few nooks and crannies the last few days.

What does having 4 girls mean? Yup, you guessed it--enough hair paraphenalia to go around the earth at least 8 times!!! I am constantly keeping it all together--head bands in one container, elastics in another, and ribbons and bows in another!! That doesn't include hair spray, shampoo, brushes, combs, straightners...you get the picture!!
This is my junk drawer in the kitchen. I should have taken a before picture. I couldn't find any of the junk because it was all over. Much better now. Nice to know that there were 6 rolls of tape in there--couldn't find them before, so I guess I kept buying more--oh well, we now are set for all that Christmas wrapping :)!!!
I know, I know, I have an addiction to shoes and there are children in the world who don't even own ONE pair. I got them all organized and even gave some away to the local thrift store!! (eases the guilt---:))
I put all the short sleeves away and got out the long ones. I know, however, that the minute I do that, the weather will be warm again--I know, I'll roll up the sleeves!! I still have several places to organize before Christmas hits, but I've at least started!! Does anyone else like to organize? I actually love to--it feels great!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie



10 comments:

Farmchick said...

That's too funny--I did the SAME thing today. I cleaned out the junk drawer and all the nailclippers that I have not been able to find....so I bought a few and now we have like seven clippers!!! Have a great evening.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh yes, I have to organize! I used to think it had to do with my hormone cycle and nesting and all that. Now I just know I need to! LOL A place for everything and everything in it's place!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Come on over Julie! I have a closet sceaming your name!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I meant to type screaming...

{lauren} said...

I'm an organizing junkie too:) But I'm way behind right now...with a new baby things have just gotten shoved into drawers and closets and whatever open spaces to be found. Its driving me crazy! I hope I get a day soon to just organize it all to my heart's content...what a happy thought haha:) Have a great night! <3Lauren

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I too organize alot this time of year!! I think its because we are indoors more!!LOL Have a great night!~Wendy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Looking good! Yes, I am an organizer extraordinaire. I actually enjoy keeping everything tidy. Its good therapy!

Smiles,
Lea

Leslie said...

I start the clean-out frenzy after Christmas. Usually around the time that we take down all of the Christmas stuff and have to start putting the new things away. I go crazy. It's funny how you can buy very little in a year but end up with so much more stuff to throw away then the year prior. I often wonder where I stashed it all all of these years!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Carla said...

YOU have been busy!!! I love the LOOK of organization (its the trip from here to there that I don't like:) Thanks for sharing:)

Katy said...

It looks fantastic Julie! Great job! :)