Well, yesterday, as busy as it was, was great!! Rebecca did amazing at her debate. As a matter of fact, all the debaters were on one of our local tv stations at news time. They also made the front cover of the local newspaper. What a confidence builder!! The piano performances were good because the girls had practiced!! Savanna's orchestra concert was so delightful--although one of her strings broke on her violin. I guess we will be going to the music store. All-in-all, a good Mom day!!
A couple days ago, Savanna and I went to the thrift store in search of a Halloween costume for her. We found one, and then I had to check the domestics, and holy smokes, look what I found. They must have JUST placed these on the shelves because I'm sure they would have been snatched right away.

I got all these stitching patterns for 50 cents each. Mind you, these patterns had original price tags of 5.00 to 9.00!!

Here is a close-up of my favorite one.

A pattern to make cute gift tags--tags included!

Sorry--blurry chickens.

I have been looking for a pattern like this--it has lavender, yahoo!!

What a cute wool runner.

It gets better. Here is some fabric and a pattern. This comes with a set of block of the month kits.

Here is what the finished quilt will look like.

Here is each seperate kit. I paid 2.00 each. EVERYTHING is there!! The original price was 14.99 each. What a savings!! I hope to get this together soon!!

It gets better still. This is a quilt block, almost finished. Just a little applique left to do on the tree. The needle and thread were still in it.

Another finished block.

In total, 3 finished blocks and 6 patterns for 3.oo. Can you believe it? I will probably make this into a wall -hanging rather than the quilt. It has a lot of hand-applique, and I don't do that. It takes too long. Goodness, it's for sure that one man's(woman's) junk is another man's(woman's) treasure. I think I hit the mother-lode!! Well, gotta go get Jessica from high school. Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
22 comments:
Wow, Julie! I think all those patterns were meant to come home with you! Who better anyway to work their magic on them than you? With your love of needle and thread, I know this was an exciting find! I can't wait to see the finished product of all these!
It sounds like your girls did wonderful on their concerts and debate! I know you were proud!
Happy Wednesday!
Tammy
What a great haul!! SO many wonderful patterns. They will keep you busy during the long winter huh?
Congrats to the girls on all their performances. Making the news even!! Way to go!1 Can I say I knew them back when?? :-)
Hugs, Linda
Hi Julie!
Just came across your blog and I could not agree with you more when I saw the headline " I Love Thrift stores!" I too have found some wonderful deals and love the fact that I feel like I "rescued something." I love all the patterns you got and know exactly how excited you were!
Hope you have a great day!
Keep Thrifting,
Beth S.
wow, looks like a fun time at your house...Can I come and play? Good luck with your new patterns. And which thrift store would that be? I need to talk to you about something cute for my wall for christmas....thanks for always helping me. Tamee
Wow, you hit the jackpot! Can't wait to see the finished products.
Pam
green with envy here..now why dont I ever find anything like that over here??? lol! have fun with your treasures! I love that quilt pattern with the little houses.
WOW! Girl, you scored big time!
Oh WOW!!! You hit the jackpot there...good for you :)
You hit the gold mine!!! So glad the girls did great!!! You should be one proud mom!!:0) Take care my friend!!Hugs!!~Wendy
Oh, Wow! What WONDERFUL finds, Julie! You'll be a very busy lady this winter.
And kudos to your sweet girls, too!
WoW, i bet you were doing a jig in that store!! LOL
Cant wait to see some finished product!
Just goes to prove that good things come to good folks! You must be a very, very good girl!
Smiles,
Lea
i love the stitchery patterns!! um, are you sharing ?/ lol
the herb one and hang tag one is my faves.
wow -- I wish I could have great luck like that!! Good for you!
WOW, what great patterns you found and for such a great price!
Your girls sound so grounded...wonderful I bet you are so proud!
Rondell
Wow, you did hit the mother lode!! I'm so happy for you!
Wow what awesome finds! I'm jealous:) Glad your girls did well at their performances..I know they've got one proud mama! <3Lauren
Congrats to your daughters :) You must be so proud!
What a lucky duck you are! All of those patterns....I have finally started looking at that area at our TS. I need to look more often because people around here don't seem to really craft too much. I found something you would probably love a few months back....a BIG Ziploc bag filled with quilt pieces. Some of them don't look good together at all but I was trying to make sense out of a few to just do a few squares, maybe just a pillow topper or something. I forgot about it until now...anyway I paid like 50¢ for the whole thing!
Have a great day!
Leslie
LUCKY!!!! That's the greatest treasure find I have ever seen! Good job, you! I can't wait to see the finished projects!
I am so happy for the girls and their stellar performances. Iam sure you must be bursting your buttons!:):):)
Wow Julie; you sure did great at that thrift store! Thanks for stopping by to say hello! Have a great week; Merrie
I think that is so neat you got that thimbleberries kit!! I was given recently the very same one! all the parts and pieces are there...fun!
Wow what a great find at the thrift store! You are all stocked up for winter it looks like.
Mary
Post a Comment