Some of you might remember the old door I got at a consignment shop at the beginning of summer. I had it in our kitchen. Well, when we put the new wood flooring in, the door no longer would fit where I had it. So, I spent several hours on Saturday redecorating our family room downstairs so that the old door would fit there. I just couldn't part with it. So, it has a new home, and I really like it. I had to tie it to the wall and ceiling so that it doesn't fall on anyone--that would be awful.

Tah-Dah... Here it is.

Here is the full view. We have a really nice wood-burning stove. We don't use it a whole lot, but it would be so wonderful if ever we were without power in the dead of winter. Man, the mirror looks pretty dusty--probably is, I think I forgot to dust that when I put it there.
My Rebecca is doing a debate this afternoon. She and five other 4th graders were chosen to debate for and against the presidential candidates. They are debating in front of the whole fourth grade. The kids will then vote tomorrow. She was very nervous when she left for school this am, but I'm sure she will do fine. Jessica, Savanna and Rebecca have a piano performance today after school--playing Halloween music. Tonight, Savanna has an orchestra concert. She plays the violin. Hmm....I think we're supposed to have dinner in there somewhere!! Crazy Day!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
16 comments:
I love what you've done with your old door. I had two that I sold at a yard sale before moving here. They were SO cool. But, I hope their new owners love them as much as I did! :)
HAve fun tonight. I think a drive-thru dinner just might be in order tonight.
As you know I love old Doors and yours looks great!!!!! Beth
Your old door looks awesome. We have a wood burning stove and use it all the time. I love to sit and sew by it, very cozy.
Pam
LOVE that door. I think it looks great there too.
Busy schedule today where do we ever find time to do it all.
Mary
Ha! On days like those, I couldn't live without my crockpot!
...and I'm lovin your door...
The door looks great there!! Don't you love how something shows up in a picture that didn't show up in real life??! LOL
Oh I love your door...I just got one recently and they're so neat:) Hope you've had a great night! <3Lauren
That looks great Julie!
I love where you displayed the door. I have one with all intentions of making a head board for my daughters bed. I have seen one done, where crown molding was added and talk about a beautiful headboard.
Sandy
let me compare....meeting for real estate from 9-12, boy scouts (1 kid going), at 4 girl (1 kid going),at 4 girl scouts salt lake library tour from 530-8, and then soccer(me) at 830-940 yay for busy tuesdays!! uggg
How could I forget that door, Julie? I remember when I first started my blog in May and saw this door...I knew I was going to love your decor and your blog! It looks great there too! I'm glad you didn't get rid of it...of course you could have sent it my way!
I wanted to thank you too for being such a faithful visitor to my blog and for your always sweet and encouraging comments! You are a dear friend and I appreciate you so much!
Sounds like a busy day and like you have 4 talented young ladies! I know you must be proud!
Blessings,
Tammy
I like it :) There is just something about old doors and windows :)
Have a great day and good luck to your kiddos :)
Leslie
I love your prim door! How ever did you get things to hang on your brick wall? I tried everything I could think of to hang something on our brick wall and couldn't get anything to work.
Melissa
I love love love the door!!! I want one! LOL
Busy busy! Your door looks like it leads to someplace! I miss a wood burning stove, and the security one brings. :( Your spot is very pretty!
Looks great! I could not have gotten rid of it either.
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment