Where were you on this September day, 7 years ago? I'm sure we all can remember!! As I drove through the neighborhood this morning, this I what I saw:

Our scout troup had gotten up extra early to place the American flag in front of every home in the neighborhood. They have done this now for the last 6 years!! It serves as a reminder of so many events of September 11, 2001. But, it's also serves as a reminder of hope, peace, liberty and freedom. I'm so proud to be an American!!

Our flag represents so much--"long may she wave." Let's keep in our thoughts those who are serving to keep us free. We are the land of the free because of the brave!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
8 comments:
I'm hoping our town did this! I love that boy scouts do this as a fundraiser, it benifits everyone. Thank you for sharing.
I saw a lot of flags around town today too. Because a lot of people from Central MA were on the 22 planes that left from Boston, the sentiment is very strong here. We knew someone who lost her life. It still hurts so much now.
Well said, Julie!
It's a day I'll never forget. Two of the terrorists flew out of Portland Airport here in Maine. The closeness of it really left an impact on so many of us here. That something so terrible could originate so close to home was unthinkable. And yet...
Thank God for all of our heroes -- those who are trained as such and those who rise to the occasion when called upon to do so.
What a wonderful idea...I bet it looks just awesome!
Thanks for stopping by:)
Rondell
How wonderful that the boy scouts do this every year. May we never forget what they all went through and what are troops and families are going through because of this day. God Bless~Wendy
Don't we have a wonderful neighborhood!...I am so thankful for the love that those in our armed services give to us a country, the USA...we do need to treasure our freedom and not take it for granted, who knows what tomorrow brings. Thanks for the great pics...tamee
that's SO sweet that they do that.
<3
my hubby was actually home on leave because we had just 'had' jackson. we were SO afraid that he was gonna get deployed.
very scarey day for us.
WOW! How amazing for the scouts to do!
Post a Comment