I love being a Mom and glimpsing into the world of my children. They are my life. Kids these days are so capable of so much good. They are smart, sensitive, teachable and funny. I LOVE IT!!

Karissa came home from first grade today with her "Deputy of the Day" book. Her teacher has a ranch theme this year which is so cute. All of the kids wrote in her book--things about her. Her teacher took her picture all decked out as a deputy. That smile just makes me smile!!

Rebecca is coloring a picture for a contest to win tickets to the circus. It is coming to town in a couple of weeks. She is doing a great job--she really wants to win because her older sister has colored and won two years in a row. We usually get 5 tickets!! Go Rebecca!!!

Savanna is doing her algebra--without even being asked. (Pssttt...I hate math, but she's really good at it...like her Dad.) She is liking junior high, but says some days are really long.

Jessica is teaching one of her piano students--she has 6. She is an amazing pianist, and really enjoys teaching her students.
That's just a glimpse into a little part of the day. What's better than seeing your children develop talents, learn and succeed!!??? I Love being a Mom....
Be Nice to People,
Julie
9 comments:
I love it too! I especially love being able to be a SAHM and know when they need me I am here!
BTW I love all your yard sale finds! I have been so busy i have not been able to visit everyones blogs lately. The floor is coming along great!
You have every reason to love being a mom, you have wonderful. beautiful children! Congradulations:)
Rondell
It looks like a real "Top Ten" Day, Julie! Your girls are such a wonderful reflection of you (and your husband), my friend.
It's such a gift to be with them, isn't it? It's comforting to know that other moms feel exactly the way I do about that...
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Perfect moments! THAT is the reward for not killing them! jk
Oh yes Julie - it is wonderful to see our children learn and develop talents and succeed! And while it is initially sad, it is just the best to see them on their own as capable adults - making their own place in the world and putting to use all the lessons you taught them. I just love each stage of being a mom -even when they aren't under my roof!!
I love being a Mom, too! Everyone started on me months ago about getting a job now that the kids are both in school. I DON'T WANNA! I like being here for them at any given moment and enjoy doing the simple things to keep our house functioning and my family happy. I enjoy those little moments! :D
Thanks for sharing a day in your life. Oh, I LOVE that deputy photo of your DD! How cute!
Me too, Julie! Just seeing the title of your post made my heart do a little flip! It's the BEST job in the world (it's not even a job...it's a privilege and a blessing)!
All of your girls are beautiful!
Tammy
Hi Julie
Motherhood is a gift to cherish. I love that my children teach me things that as adults we un-learn.
What great memories to record, everyday things that your girls are doing. The "Deputy of the Day" is such a novel idea and Karissa looks like she would make the perfect deputy for a day. I hope Rebecca does follow in her sister's footsteps and wins the colouring competition. Good luck Rebecca. Savanna obviously enjoys her algebra, I bet she is very good at it. It is wonderful that Jess shares her passion and talent by teaching others to play the piano.
I hope you have had time to work on the three projects you found in your clean up.
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your floor when it is finished (and I know you are looking forward to completing this project)
Lots of love
Elise
Julie, your girls are just lovely. Mothering is just one of the most blessed gifts.
Though I don't get to visit much these days, just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm thinking of you.
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment