Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snippets of my Day

Snippet of my day--part 1:I got the best phone call this morning. One of my good friends called to see if she and I and two other good friends could go out to lunch. It worked for ALL of us to go, and it was a blast. Now, who doesn't like a phone call like that? We giggled and ate and giggled and ate some more--so much fun!!Snippet of my day--part 2: We have some friends whose son is getting married tomorrow. The reception is tomorrow night, and we will be at the circus, so I got this made for them today. I took it to their house. I hope they like it.
I also made this for them. I painted a board, then got foam board and covered it with fabric. I stitched the word FAMILY on muslin and then used little tac nails to hold it to the foam board. Simple...

Snippet of my day--part 3: Jessica had 3 piano students come today for group lessons. She drew a staff on our driveway and had them be the notes. She played other games with them and used flash cards, etc. She also gave them BUTTERFINGER candy bars that said, "We don't have Butter----fingers!!" Pretty creative I thought.

Snippet of my day---part 4: This is the new decoration on the chest. Pumpkins and pillow removed. Karissa's teacher is reading a Junie B. Jones book at school. We just happen to have ALL of them, and Karissa is obsessed. She eats with the books, sleeps with them, and as you can see, decorates with them. Who say teachers don't have a huge influence on their students? By the way, if you haven't met Junie B. Jones, it's time!! She is absolutely delightful. Good for a great laugh!!

Snippet of my day---part 5: Dinner, dishes, vacuuming, and laundry--didn't think a picture would be too interesting of that!! Hope you all had a great day!!

Be Nice to People,
Julie




9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a full/great day! I started by giong to Starbucks with a girlfriend, then off to Starbucks with my sister (just a little buzz goin on!)where I sold three of my Green Sleeves! Woo hoo... Now LOTS of sewing to do!

I talked with Jo-Anne, told her I loooved your crow runner... and in a month or so we're gonna swap! I can't wait!

I was wondering, how old are your girls? I remember the Junie B. stage... what a hoot!

Have a great night, Kimberly

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Hi Julie you seem to have very busy fun filled days around your home!!! Just the way a home and family should be!! So glad you had a great lunch with your friends!!! Take care!~Wendy

Sandy said...

Sounds like you had a fun, full day. Lunch with the girls is always fun :) I miss it...

I LOVE your stitchery's!!!
If those were my gifts, I would be on cloud nine.

You mention Junie B Jones...that is my daughter Tabitha who is 11 favorite also. She is missing only a couple of the books because she has to wait longer for her books because they get translated into French. She can read English but doesn't feel as comfortable since French is her primary language. But she goes crazy when ever she sees a new one come out. She reads hers before going to bed. That is her down time. I am just happy that she is reading and loving it because 4 years ago she hated reading and I had to fight with her to pick up a book. And now I have to fight with her to put it down...LOL

Oh by the way, the butterflies did not take that long to do because they are a sponge. What is time consuming are the little lines to make them look like they are flying. But its worth it :)

Sandy

Elise said...

Hi Julie

An unexpected get togehter with the girls is always so much fun and sure to brighten any day.

The stitchery's you made for your son's friend are perfect for a couple about to get married. They will be over the moon with your kind, creative, personalised, hand made gifts.

It looks as though Jessica has also been blessed with your creative gene. Jessica devised some really creative, fun hands-on activities for her piano students. Any student in her charge is one lucky person to have such an innovative teacher.

I haven't come across Junie B Jones yet. But now that you've mentioned it, I will have to find out more about these books.

Julie, thank you so much for the two awards. It is so kind of you to think of me and pass them on. I was touched by the words you wrote. You have made my day and certainly put a big smile on my face. Thank you my friend.

love
Elise

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Now that's my kind of day, Julie! I"m so glad you were able to have a girls' lunch out amid all of the busyness that was your Wednesday.

I love the stitcheries as always, my talented friend...

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a neat way to post! Your daughter sounds like a very creative young teacher for sure. She has a bright future!!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

snippet comment....Lunch was so fun...I am looking forward to our retreat hee hee...What a great day, can't wait to sew with you, and thanks again for going yesterday, that really felt good! have a super great day..tamee

Leslie said...

I enjoyed the little snippets of your day :)

I like your gifts to your friends :)

Shane liked the Junie B Jones books last year. Now they're reading Judy Moody and he thinks they're great so we bought a set from the book order. I guess I'll see what they're like before long!

You had a much better day than I did...lol I mean I scrubbed my bathroom, which was a good thing but it went downhill last night...

Have a great day! :)

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your stiticheries...I know they will love them.
Rondell