Friday, August 8, 2008

Precious Moments

I hope you enjoy my show and tell. My Kindergartner did show and tell in school last year. She didn't like it because she didn't like to talk in front of EVERYONE. Too bad she just couldn't have had a blog...
This curio cabinet was given to me on February 27, 2003. February 27 happens to be my birthday. My husband gave it to me to put my Precious Moments figurines in. He had a gold tag put on it that says, "For Precious Moments We Share Together". How sweet is that?! I will just show some of my collection today.
He gave me this figurine at the birth of our third little girl--her birthstone is a ruby as shown on the keepsake box.
My hubby gave this to me at the birth of our first daughter. I remember vividly sitting in a rocking chair with tears flowing down my cheeks thinking I was not capable of being a mother.

I received this at the birth of our second daughter. Oh, they grow so fast--she's 12 now!!
And, this was given to me at the birth of our fourth daughter. I cried...again!!
I actually gave this one to my honey because he is my "Knight in Shining Armor".
I received this as I was asked to be married. I checked YES!!! And that brings me to the rest of this post. We are celebrating 18 years of marriage together this Sunday. That's a lot of precious and some not-so-precious moments. That's what marriage is about though. I have been blessed to be married to my best friend. He is my light and my life. I love him with all my heart. Marrying him was the best choice I've made so far in my life.
Our wedding day, August 10, 1990. Ahhhhh, we were so young....
Yea, right!!! What's that saying, "Chase her until she catches you."
Together Forever!! I'm looking forward to spending some time together this weekend.
Have a nice weekend everyone. Thanks for sharing in my Show-n-tell.
Be nice to people,
Julie










22 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Happy Anniversary, Julie! It was such fun to peek at your beautiful wedding photos and sweet figurines this morning. I hope you'll have many more precious moments on the road ahead...

Have a fabulous weekend, my friend!

Tina said...

Awwwww, thanks for sharing. I love to look at people's wedding photos. Just beautiful.
T

Debbi said...

Happy Anniversary. Mine is the day after yours, August 11th and we will be married for 18 years also.

Missy Wertz said...

Awww... That made me want to cry! Thanks for sharing your precious moments!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Aww..Happy Anniversary, Julie! Ya'll look so sweet together! Such a great looking couple! I love the precious moment figurines! I have one that someone gave me when we adopted Colt...of a couple with their little boy and adoption papers! I treasure it! The label your husband had put on the curio cabinet is super sweet! That is to treasure the most! :)

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Becky J. said...

look at your pretty puffy sleeve wedding dress!!! love it all. thanks for showing :)

Barbara H. said...

Your Precious Moments figurines are so cute, and I love that sweet little note your husband put with the curio cabinet. Happy anniversary!

A Hint of Home said...

Congratulation on your anniversary.

You're still young. Have a fun weekend.
Your figurines are "precious".

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Happy anniversary! 4 little girls, how wonderful. We will celebrate our 35th August 18th! Have a wonderful celebration.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy Anniversary! What sweet pics of you and your DH!! My new DIL collects Precious Moments too and she had one on the top of the wedding cake.

Have a wonderful anniversary weekend! hugs, Linda

Carla said...

What church is that behind you? I love your Precious moment collection, and especially a hubby that is smart enough to think of that line! He's a keeper!

Elise said...

Hi Julie

What a precious cabinet your curio cabinet is. It is filled with everything "beauty full". Your figurines are so sweet and would have such enormous sentimental value. How beautiful to have this tradition of giving figurines to celebrate special occasions.

Happy Anniversary to you. What a treat to see your wedding photos from eighteen years ago.

Wow, 44 neices and nephews. Each and every one of them is lucky to have you as their Aunty.

What gorgeous heirlooms you have created and made with so much love for Addison and Aiden. These quilts make such a gorgeous gift.

Enjoy your anniversary weekend.

Lots of love
Elise

Kathy said...

Your cabinet is beautiful and so are the figurines. But the gifts from your husband are so sweet. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your special weekend...Kathy

Jo-Anne said...

This is a sweet post, Julie. I love the pictures!!

Those Precious Moments figurines are just priceless.

Happy anniversary--may you enjoy many more happy years together!

Wanita said...

Happy Anniversary! Your Precious Moments collection is lovely. The curio cabinet is very pretty, too.

Carrie said...

What a special collection...so many family memories marked by each little figurine. And, of course, the cabinet to display them all so nicely.

Katy said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary!!! I love looking at wedding photos! You look gorgeous!!! :)

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary Julie! The cabinet was a beautiful gift from your husband and your precious moment figurines are so sweet!
~Kelli

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hi Julie!
I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary this past weekend! The pictures were so fun to see! Time flies when you're having fun!

Catty Wampus said...

Happy Anniversary; and I think those Precious Moments are just so lovely and meaningful.
Merrie

Carole said...

Hi Julie,
I'm back ! Happy Anniversary... and thanks for these Precious Moments, they all are very sweet ! I'll go and catch up on the rest of your blog now.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Happy anniversary, Julie! You've got me all teary eyed. What a sweet love story! I just love the note that your husband gave you. Romance just does not get sweeter than that.

Smiles,
Lea