skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Now it's time to clean up, clean up...
I've spent the morning cleaning and rearranging and such. The air is cooler--kind of like fall, so I had the feeling to clean and put out some fall decor.
I made the wool runner. I put the table cloth(I can see it needs ironing) on the table and the runner on top. I love working with wool.
I changed the mantle and fireplace look. The quilt on the left I made at a mystery quilt party. We just had to bring the fabric and were given the pattern at the party. We didn't know what it would like until it was finished. It was fun. I probably would have done the colors a little differently had I known what the pattern would be.
I hung this outside so I wouldn't be in denial that school starts in 13 days. I took my 7th grader to 7th grade camp this a.m. She got a tour of the school and got to see some of her friends. Didn't we all just LOVE junior high? Cough, cough, sputter, sputter.... She will be fine. I just hope that I will.
Now, I decided to play Pay it Forward. I know a lot of you have already done this, but if you would like to join in the fun, please do!!
Pay it Forward, what a great idea!! I took the challenge! Will you?? This is how it works: I will send a gift (of my choosing!) to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this "PIF" exchange. YOU must make the same pledge on your blog. So, if you want a goodie from me & you are willing to do the same on your blog, let me know! I will need your snail mail address to send you your gift - we can email each other off our blogs for that. Let's PAY IT FORWARD! Please try to make the gift something that will fit in a manilla envelope!! Thanks!! Be nice people,
Julie
9 comments:
Julie I love the runner and the fireplace. You have such nice taste and you make the nicest quilts and runners and valances!
There is a link to the magazine right in the post and also on the left side of my blog. I am not sure if you can order just that issue but they can probably tell you where to get in locally. A lot of country and prim shops carry it too.
julie-i'll take it on!! i can't wait to figure out what to do. thanks for the chance to pay it forward! see ya tomarrow.
The runner is wonderful and I love your fireplace and mantle...just beautiful! I wish it was cooler here, I can't wait for fall.
~Kelli
Wow, Julie -- for a minute there I thought I was looking at a photo from Country Sampler or something! Your mantle display and runners are beautiful! I could just sit right down and enjoy it all... So inviting!
I will gladly send you some of our rain, by the way! I hope we'll be dried out for fall and the start of school on 9-2. It's coming quickly!
I hope you're having a great day, my friend. I can't wait to see more of your seasonal decor.
I have been nesting, too, Julie. Reorganizing rooms, changing colors and making our home fresh and warm.
Love your runner, and the fireplace looks just lovely.
Smiles,
Lea
Julie,
Your fireplace looks great! I love the screen especially! And your runner is gorgeous too!
Tammy
Looks great! I have a 7th grader to!Beth
oh my goodness....i LOVE your fireplace and the runner is FANTASTIC!!!! You are sooo talented!!! :)
Julie,
What a beautiful runner and fireplace arrangement! I love the feeling of fall, so excited to start decorating in our new home! But then again it doesn't feel like fall here, considering we are still in the high 90s, temperature wise. Can't wait to hear all about your quilt ladies trip!!
Post a Comment