Monday, July 28, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig!! There really is no place like home. However, we had a fabulous time on our vacation. Yellowstone is magnificent. Oh, we are so blessed to have eyes to see,ears to hear, and legs to walk, and know that there is a Creator, who created such beauty for us. Really, there is no other reason to have such beautiful scenery, it's for us~~~I know it is, to make our lives better and happier.
Images of Yellowstone
Yup, here we are--entering the park. Oh happy day!!
See that little black dot in the the center of the photo? Yes, that is a BLACK BEAR!! WAHOO...we saw one!! We actually saw 2 black bears, and 2 grizzleys. The other three bears had to be seen (clearly)with a telescope though. Ask, and ye shall receive.......LOL!!!
The Grand Tetons in Jackson Hole--we went through Jackson to get to Yellowstone. It really was GRAND!!
Is there a bear? We saw a grizzly on the mountain over there....
Wiley Coyote--we saw a total of 11 coyotes. Didn't think you needed to see all 11--one photo will do. We did watch one of them catch a squirrel right before our eyes and devour it--nature in action. It made my little 6 year old sad!! Poor squirrel....
Mama deer and baby fawn--so peaceful!
Get out of the road!!! This picture taken from the car window. Bison were everywhere. They really do own the road!! Isn't he, ahhh.....let's see...ugly? Interesting? Hairy? We'll leave it at that!!
Spectacular!! One of several waterfalls we saw.
Isn't that just amazing? This is a sunset view!! No words can describe...

Outside the car window. I think this elk wanted us to feed him. He walked right up to our van~~~kind of scarey.
An area in the river where a hot spring entered into the river. It was like a hot tub. Rebecca is holding a gardner snake that my hubby found in the parking lot. We let it return after all the girls and all the other kids who were there had a turn to hold it. They named it "CUTIE"--go figure...
Funny, huh? This is Old Faitful getting us soaked. We were downwind when it erupted--we had Old Faithful water on us--the girls thought that was awesome!!

This is at Mammoth Hot Springs. The water burbles out and calcifies to form this--very unique.
A female moose--we only saw one!!
We had a great time. We have over 500 photos--aren't you glad I only shared a few? HEEHEEHEE. If you ever have the desire to go to Yellowstone--go for it. We saw license plates from almost every state in the U.S. and some from Canada. There were several international people there, too. So much fun!! Thank goodness for cameras and videos and hopefully memories to last a lifetime!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie













12 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a wonderful trip Julie! I love all those photos of nature. I've never seen a real moose except in "Give a Moose a Muffin"! LOL

My favorite photos is of the 4 girls smiling in the springs. How very blessed you are!

Welcome home!

Blessings,
Lea

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What fun Julie! I'm so glad you had fun on your trip. I would love to visit there sometime!! The Old Faithful picture is so funny!! Thanks for sharing some of the highlights from your trip!

Vintage Whimsy said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures are beautiful!! I'm leaving tomorrow morning to drive to Wyoming from Maryland. My husband has to stay in Jackson for a month for work and I'm tagging along. I cannot believe that I'll be seeing the same sites as your pictures in less than a week! I.cannot.wait! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Wow, Julie -- what a fantastic family vacation! I'm sure you'll all be talking about it for years to come. Thanks for sharing some special moments with us ... and WELCOME HOME!

Have a great week, my friend...

Becky J. said...

we went last year. the pics brought back some good memories. it is sooooo awesome up there!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

It looks like you all had a great time!!! Your girls are so adorable!! And what about Old Faithful?!!! That is a great picture of you and the girls!! Just beautiful scenery!!Have a great day!~Wendy

Leslie said...

Oh! Seeing your pictures brought back fond memories! I went to Yellowstone 11 years ago with my grandparents! I wasn't sure about a 3 week trip in the RV but it was an amazing experience...one that my hubby is incredibly jealous of! He wants to see Yellowstone so badly!

It looks like you all had a wonderful time but yes, isn't it wonderful to get home, too :)

Have a great day! Hope you get rested up!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I would love to see more! You brought back so many memories for me of when my family went there a million moons ago. Is there still an arch of antlers in the center of Jackson Hole? We camped at the KOA in Jackson back then.
Your pictures are wonderful! I LOVED them and I am so glad you had a great time.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I would love to go there and see those incredible sunsets, just beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a bufflo before:) thanks for sharing I enjoyed the pics:)
*Rondell*

Kimmie said...

Welcome Home Julie!

Your trip looks like it was a fun and exciting one! Love your photos, thank you for sharing them with us. :-) I am happy you all had a good time.
Hugs,
Kimmie

Tiffany said...

Awesome! Your trip looks like it was so incredible. Did you guys camp or hotel it? My 3-yr-old was in heaven looking at all your animal pictures. Thanks! The last time I went to Yellowstone, all I saw were lots and lots of moose. Guess I'll have to start wishing for bear and elk, etc. Thanks for sharing.

Carole said...

These pictures are wonderful ! The girls enjoyed them very much : as I commented on each one and told them what it was they kept exclaiming "oooh!" together. They especially liked the one with everybody in the "hot tub" !