skip to main |
skip to sidebar
What a Weekend...
Life sure keeps us hopping. We had a fun, productive, very busy weekend. It was all good though, so no complaints!!
Yup, this is how my wonderful hubby felt. He had been back-packing Mon-Thurs, got home late Thursday night, went to work on Friday. Put in a full day, packed again and took the girl's craw-dad(kind of like small lobsters) fishing with some members of our ward(church). They caught plenty, and we had them for a ward(church) party Saturday night and some left-over for Sunday dinner. I should have taken a photo--too late now, they are all gone. He deserved his little snooze and then some. He and Sammi(the dog) are best buds. He is the best husband in the world--always going and doing for someone else!! I love him more than he will ever know...
Now, for the punch bowl story. I gave my niece a bridal shower Saturday afternoon. I served slush and needed a punch bowl. I didn't want to bug the neighbors to borrow one, so thought I would search for one on my own. However, I didn't want to spend a fortune. So, I went to the local thrift store and WHHAAAAAAA....there sat One, yup One punch bowl, just for me. Paid the clerk $2.00 and headed out the door...
The story continues as now I needed a ladel. I went to 6 different stores in search of one. No luck--I couldn' t spend $14.00 for a ladel when I 'd only spent 2.00 for the bowl. So, I took 1 hour on Saturday morning to hit some yard sales. I told myself, "Self, you will find a ladel." The last yard sale, there on the table and WHHHAAAAAA again...there was the ladel. Paid the lady 25 cents and walked away with a smile. How amazing is that???!!!!!! Love a good yard sale story!!
My $2.25 punch bowl set. Oh happy day....
Here are some of the gifts my niece received. It was an hour shower, so she got things to use at all times of the day. She did receive 3 clocks--I thought that was funny. She got pillows, and really nice bathroom set, that nice grill, kitchen items, first aide kit, a game, some money, and my favorite--toilet paper--from her aunt who had 2:00 a.m.--pretty clever!!! We invited about 30 people, and only 4 couldn't come. I was thrilled. Oh, to be a bride......
Well, I am taking a little blog break----our family is heading to Yellowstone National Park. My hubby and I have been, in fact it's where we went on our honeymoon, but we've never taken the girls. It is beautiful there--if you haven't been, I would highly recommend it.
My goal this time is to see a bear. I would LOVE that. We have seen all kinds of other wild life while there, but never a bear. I will show pictures and such upon arrival home. Have a great week. I will miss "visiting" with you, my new friends. Take care. See you all later.Be Nice to People,
Julie
19 comments:
I've seen those punch bowels at GW and I should pick one up just in case I might need one someday:) You certainly had the good yardsale fairy looking out for you:)
Have a good day!
*Rondell*
What a fun shower for your niece! And she scored on the gifts! :) And you couldn't of been luckier with the punch bowl and ladel.
Have fun on your trip! I've never been there before. I hear it's beautiful! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!
HAVE A GREAT TIME! I went there when I was growing up - it was July 2nd and it snowed! LOL I ope you have much nicer weather - take lots of pics!
What a fun post, Julie! That photo of your hubby is just too sweet...
Enjoy your well-deserved family vacation, my friend. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!
Safe travels :)
Well happy vacationing and hopefully you'll see that bear.
Whhhaaaaaa!!
Loved the punch bowl story.
T
Cute first picture-mans best friend captured perfectly!
Have a wonderful, safe and memorable vacation!
Blessins'
Shayne Louree
Hello,love your blog. My name is Shelley. I would love to have you stop by my blog and enter my 200th post "Give Away".
That punch bowl was a great find....
Blessings
Juliie,
You sure were blessed to find your punch bowl and ladel at such a great price! Sounds like you might have done a little praying on your way! :)
I love the photo of your sleeping hubby and dog. Very sweet!
Have a great trip!
Tammy
What a darling picture of your furbaby and your DH
Hi Julie
Sounds like very busy, but social and fun times at your place.
I hope you have the opportunity to relax on your holiday. I also hope you get to see a bear. Maybe you can have another word to yourself about this and you never know, a bear might just appear.
Have a memorable, safe, fun and restful break.
Love
Elise
I just cannot make myself eat crawfish....my husband and children like them though!
Have a great time at Yellowstone!
Something that's on our to-do list in the future........
Blessings,
Julie
Super fun post! I love your punch bowl and ladel find!
And that shower....your neice made a haul!! How sweet of you to do that for her.
On a side note, I adore your watermelon/Americana place mats!
I hope you have a wonderful time in Yellowstone.
Awwww man and his best friend!!:) Great find on your punch bowl and ladle!!! Have a great time on your trip and when you get back stop on over to my blog because I've tagged you!!! Take care!~WEndy
Well done to you for all your bargains,thats what i am like i refuse to pay a lot for items thats only going to be used for special occasions.Love the picture of the dog and your husband.I have posted pictures of the car boot sale.Have a great holiday~Kate
Hi Julie!
I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family. :-)
What one great garage sale "finder" of things! LOL! You got the knack. What a lovely thing to give your niece a shower. She sure received some nice gifts. I remember my bridal showers...they were magical.
I LOVE the picture of hubby and your dog. How sweet they both look asleep like that. I said Awwwww...when I saw it.
Hope to see you soon!
Hugs,
Kimmie
LOVE the punchbowl story! It is one of those things that you need at least once in a life time and nothing else will do. I always thought that every town everwhere should have a rental shop for stuff like this. But. . . . for the price you got it for????? Now it's yours to keep!
Hope you got to see your bear!!!!
Cora
I'm with you ~ love a successful treasure hunt. I am amazed that you found exactly what you wanted.
Love the photo of your husband & his friend. It is just darling. Have a wonderful trip!
Smiles,
Lea
Hello I found you on...oh dang it! Just a min...Farm Chick!
I love your needle work! I think you need to have a "contest" and give one as the prize!! (hint hint!)
I hope you come back with a photo of Yogi! I will drop by to see if you caught you a bear!! Great page!!
Aww puppy is too cute with your husband!
What an awesome shower for your niece!! Wow she really got lots of great goodies!! Have a wonderful time on your trip! can't wait to see pictures when you get back!
Post a Comment