Thursday, July 17, 2008

Show N Tell Friday

Today I thought I would show the stitcheries I have made that are around my home. I really enjoy primitive stitchery. I put some away and move some of them around as the seasons and holidays change. I have more in the "season and holiday closet"!! Hope you enjoy!!

I made this this week for my niece who is getting married. Her colors for the reception are green, cream and black so that's the colors I did the stitchery. The frame really is sage green. It looks gray.

This hangs in my kitchen--Faith, Hope and Charity--good things to have!!

I stitched this to put in our bedroom. I really like the saying--I think it says it like it is...

This is on my husband's night stand~~~just a gentle reminder!!

This stitchery hangs above Karissa's bed. It says, "Mommie and me days are always sunny"--

Hangs in the "Pepto Bismo Bathroom"(see July16 post). Need I say more..............?

In our living room. I like the little bird and the beehive.

This is also in the living room sitting on my old ladder. My favorite is the ants.

Also on the ladder. I love a home with happy hearts--doesn't always happen, but we try!!

July 24 is celebrated as Pioneer Day in Utah. It is when the pioneers travelled from the east and reached the valley we now call Utah. I made a pillow to reflect that.

This is hanging in our gathering room. It says:

Rules for Country Living

Trust in God

No dancing on Sunday

Say your prayers

Early to bed early to rise

Love on Another

Do good Deeds

Be Kind

Grow a garden

Eat three square meals a Day

...These things I reckon will give you a good life.


"My soul is fed by my needle and thread..." Thanks for visiting. Hope you all have a safe, fun-filled weekend.

Be Nice to People,

Julie












30 comments:

Kelli said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful. They must add such a warm country charm to your home. Handcrafted items speak volumes of a home well loved. Thanks for sharing!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your samplers are wonderful. It is so special to have items handmade to share in your home.

pinetrees on the moor said...

Don't you just love sticheries, i love the simplicity of them, love reading your blog to see what you have been up to.Like you i love meme's quilt patterns and stitcheries.Take care~Kate~

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Wow, Julie! Your stitcheries are so sweet and so ... beautiful! I just can't pick a favorite. The sayings are charming and the presentation, as always, is top notch. You are one talented lady, my friend!

Happy weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

I love 'em all....but I really think that Faith Hope and Charity are my favorites. Lovely show n tell.

My show n tell is about my favorite author today. Hope you can find time to stop by! And there is a link left at the bottom -- for a gift for you.

Happy Friday.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

You are so talented! Not only is the art work precious and beautiful but the frame work you put them is a work of art in itself. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Kathi :)

Elise said...

Hi Julie

What a treat for me to catch up on all the happenings in your world. You certainly have been so very busy with your family. Your spontaneous trip to Utah sounded like lots of fun and the family memories that would have been made are priceless.

I love the idea of the "Hour Shower", such a novel theme for the bride and something that all of the guests could be actively involved in and have so much fun.

Your dining room table is gorgeous and how wonderful that it can seat so many people.

You are so creative with your stitcheries, they are all so beautiful. I love the fact that you can personalise each piece.

Julie, thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes with regards to the birth of our baby boy, Blake. We really appreciate your caring sentiments and thoughts.

Lots of love
Elise

Tina said...

I just love stitcheries and yours are so beautiful. The one that made me giggle was the special bathroom in heaven for fathers of girls. Isn't that the truth.

Thanks for sharing these.
T

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

A girl after my own heart, believe me!!!! I've done hundreds of stitcheries, and have a hard time parting with any of them! They just seem to warm up a home! You did a great job! Thanks for the show and tell tour!!!! Cora

Me said...

I love all of your stitcheries!! You do amazing work.

Wanita said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful. I especially liked Faith, Hope, and Charity.

Thanks for sharing your lovely work. Have a wonderful weekend.

Leslie said...

I love all of your stitcheries! Very nice :)


Handmade gifts are the best! I just wish people would make them for me! LOL

Becky said...

You have some amazing stitcheries. You truly are very talented. I love the one on your ladder!! How cute! I need to see about getting some for my new simple life in our new home. And the sayings are just perfect!

Barbara H. said...

I enjoyed all your beautiful things! I love hand-made stitch items, and this is a treasure trove. The one about marriage is so true.

Kelli said...

Julie, your stitcheries are lovely! Such beautiful touches around your home!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

You have made a beautiful collection of stitcheries!
Thank you for sharing:O)
Blessins'
Shayne Louree

Carrie said...

Your embroideries are really special. Thanks for sharing.

ByLightOfMoon said...

You have beautiful stitcheries and that they hang in your home is one nice warm fuzzy feeling.

Your post is so very nice to read. many thanks for sharing. I found your comment on Cora's Blog.

Thanks for loving her so much!

smiles, cyndi

Jo-Anne said...

These are so wonderful, Julie. Beautiful work!
:):):)

Farmchick said...

Hi
I found my way to your through Behind My Red Door. Oh my goodness, I LOVE all your stitcheries--just sooooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Stop by and visit me some day. I love making new friends!
Farmchick Tania

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love each and every one - but I love that you put the kiss me goodnight one on HUBBY's night stand. Clever girl!!

Debbi said...

I have given you an award, stop by my blog for details.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I just love all your stitcheries! The marriage one is so perfect. I bet that took awhile to make! And I have an "always kiss me goodnight" sign above our bed for a friendly reminder. :) I think stitching is so much fun and relaxing. :)

Thanks so much for you warm and sweet comments for yesterday's post. I really do appreciate it. You are a true friend. :) Hugs.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Okay, Ms. Julie, I've just got one thing to say....where is your Etsy shop cause those are great! I really love the father of girls bathroom one and the sunny summer one and oh the always kiss me goodnight...gosh I just like them all!

~ Tammy ~

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love your stitcheries, Julie! I love when the house is filled with inspirational sayings that encourage as well as being beautiful.

Smiles,
Lea

Katy said...

oh, i love it ALL Julie!!! :) I must say though, the chickens (faith hope and charity) stitchery you did is my FAVE!!!! They are gorgeous! You do a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

You have made some beautiful things! I enjoyed seeing your stitcheries :o)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I love all your stiticheries they are awesome!

Mary

Kimmie said...

Such beautiful stitcheries Julie! Thank You for sharing them with us.

Hugs,
Kimmie

Shay said...

Your stitcheries are just beautiful!! I love your pioneer days...with the Utah beehive!! Very, very nice! That would definitely be one I put in my house!

I also love your chickens...I have chickens in my kitchen as well, makes me think I need to do a few in there!

I just found your blog...love it!! Thanks for sharing!!