Well, I'm back--alive and well. I had one of the funnest times of my life. How could you not, spending time with goal-minded, sweet, positive, helpful and beautiful young women. I haven't laughed so hard, slept so little, planned so much, and ate so well in a long, long time. It was exactly what I needed!!! We hiked 5 miles, rode canoes, ate, did crafts, made-up skits, did a pajama fashion show,ate, exchanged secret sister gifts, played get-to-know-you-games, wrote in our journals, read scriptures, ate, wrote letters to parents, oh, and did I mention, Ate!!! So much fun!! One of my favorite activities was letting the girls go "on-line". I took a clothes line and some clothes pins. I had each of the girls decorate a clothes pin and then put it on the hanging clothes line. They could then write notes to each other, and attach it to the clothes pin attached to the clothes line--my "inbox" was always full with sweet, thoughtful notes from the girls. It was one of the best things about camp because the girls wrote such nice things to each other. Several of the girls asked if we can do that again next year---it was a HIT!!! It was fun to be "young" and "teenagerish" again. I have been busy playing catch-up with household, sleep(sortof), and such since returning. I hope you all had a great week. It will be nice to visit you all again. Have a wonderful day.
Be Nice to People,
Julie
1 year ago

8 comments:
I was sure having Julie withdrawals...so great to see that you had a great time!! What a wonderful week to connect with young girls and God. Can't wait to hear more fun stories from your trip! The "on-line" activity was a great idea!
Welcome back!! So glad you survived and had a great time!!! I'm glad it was such a hit, young people need to have good things to look forward to this day and age!! We've missed you!! Take care!~Wendy
Welcome home, Julie! It's GREAT to have you back -- and I'm delighted to hear that you had so much crazy, wonderful fun! We've certainly missed you, my friend :)
welcome back...sounds like you had an amazing time! i love the clothespin online idea..very clever!
~Angie
What a wonderful time you must of had and I love the "clothesline" idea, no wonder they loved it!
*Rondell*
You mean you had more fun than the time we all went camping in college to Zions Canyon. Remember the rope under the girls sleeping bags. Or how about steam roller. What about the white t-shirt up at the lake I had to give you.
Glad you had a great time.
Sounds like so much fun! Love the clotheline idea. I've got to find a way to use that idea with our homeschool girls.
So glad you're back!
Smiles,
Lea
So glad you are back and that you had a wonderful time! Ragan and I are leaving for camp this Tuesday...can't wait!
Post a Comment