Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday...

That is a picture of my 8--soon to be 9 year old's ear. We got her ears pierced today!! She was so excited--a little nervous, but she just squoze my hand real tight. I got my ears pierced when I was 9, so that is our tradition. She looks so cute. Her birthday is Sunday. We have a big family barbeque planned, and we'll do fireworks that are left over from the 4th of July.

I finished sewing this last night. I just need to sew the binding around it. It is a Meme's pattern--it looks pretty patriotic. Maybe I can get the binding done tonight. I love to bury myself in my craft room--problem is, I should be sleeping instead-HEEHEEHEE!! Hope everyone is staying cool today--it is a hot one here. Thanks for your nice comments welcoming me back--I feel like I have some true friends in you--made my day.

Be Nice to People,

Julie


14 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hi Julie! I love your new creation! So cute! It reminded me that I need to pick out a valance from you!! A window is calling out your name! :)

That's so funny about all the coincidences about us. It seems like we find more and more in common as we grow as friends. :)

How fun to get the ears pierced! My mom had mine pierced at a few months of age.

Have a great evening, my friend! It is so great to have you "back"!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Wow, Julie -- your latest creation is, as always, AMAZING!!! It's adorable and festive.

The big ear-piercing birthday is quite a milestone. I remember getting mine pierced when I was eight. Your daughter must be thrilled! I hope she has a wonderful b-day!

And may I say, again, that it's so good to have you back! Have a great night, my friend.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

How sweet to keep a tradition with your girls!! And your quilt is so cute!!! You are very talented!! Have a great night!~Wendy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love that quilt and also your vlances!

Sydney got her ears done when she turned 6 and I think I had y daughters done at the same time:)

Glad to have you back!

*Rondell*

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I just love this thing! It's beautiful!!!!! And perfectly prim, too! LOVE the ear! I was an adult when I got mine done and scared to death.

Thanks so much for the hugs and prayer! It means all the world to me!!!!

Cora

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

This is sooooooo adorable!! I love seeing what you create.

thanks for stopping by,

Hugs, Linda

Robin Beck said...

Wow...I love your latest creation.
You just start something and go with it don't you? That is so great.

I bet your daughter was excited to get her ears pierced...I remember when my Mom FINALLY let me and it was such a happy day.

Welcome back...Hope you get some sleep!

Kelli said...

What a fun birthday present and a wonderful tradition! I love your patriotic quilt...you did a great job!
~Kelli

Russ D said...

Love seeing the posts back Julie. Fun to see the girl getting ears pierced. Our "B" loves having hers pierced.

Have to say I laughed inside as I read she "squoze" your hand. I used to say that (and sometimes still do) that all the time. Freshly squoze orange juice. Must absolutely be a Utah phrase cause up here in Washington they say "squeezed". However here in Washington they warsh their cars and not wash.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I remember when my Dad agreed to let me get my ears pierced too. I thought I was the coolest little thing in the world! LOL So cute!

Love your quilted piece. Your work is so lovely. Seeing your work always inspires me to get moving and get creating.

Hugs,
Lea

Jo-Anne said...

This is adorable! I love Meme's patterns. I just finished up a turkey one last fall.

Such a brave girl, your little one, getting her ears pierced and all. I hope she has a fun birthday!

Becky said...

Julie! Your creation is amazing...so very patriotic. I love looking at your newest works of art!

Oh tell your daughter congrats on her ears pierced! I was around the same age when I got mine done. How exciting!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! Happy 4th of July!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

How fun for your daughter to have her ears pierced! My daughter hasn't wanted to yet...I think she's scared! Her daddy has always said when she was 10, but I think he'd let her do it if she wanted.

Love your quilt too, by the way!

How was camp for you all?

~ Tammy ~

Anonymous said...

your quilt is cute! happy b,day to your little one. It's both of my daughters b.days as well! our tradition for ear piercing is 5! How funny:)