Hello, Everyone!! I hope you all had a nice weekend. It was very warm and sunny here. The weekend whizzed by, and now we're to Monday. I made my list and got all of my things checked off this morning--WAHOO!! My reward was to do my BLOG--a great motivator to get my work done. I tell my kids, get the things you don't want to do, done first, and save the best for last--good advice for me, too.
I finished a valance for our kitchen window. It is probably my favorite one so far. It looks country and patriotic--my goal!! The chickens are friendly little fowls!!
Also, a few of you mentioned you would like a close-up of the hand valance in my sewing/craft room. I made the squares and just used fusible web and ironed on the hands. They are the hands of my girls 3 years ago. I didn't stitch down the edges of the hands, and they have stayed on just fine. I just shake the dust off--I haven't ever washed the valance. It worked up real quickly, too.I'm considering selling my valances in the near future--would there be any interest out there? I really just make them for fun, but have thought about an ETSY store or something(GULP)--let me know what you all think!! Hope the day is treating you all just grand!!
Be Nice to People,
Julie
18 comments:
I think you should open an Etsy store...It hardly cost anything to get one started and you have real cute crafts. You might want to start thinking way ahead and do some cute decorations for Christmas-That is what I'm starting to do because Christmas is going to creep up on us real fast and we are going to run out of time to make crafts for it!...Everybody likes to decorate at Christmas time~
SOOOO YES, I vote you think seriously about opening a Etsy store! :)
Robin
Well you know what I think about opening up a shop! Definitely. It's really scary and unknown at first...but it's really fun and you learn as you go. That's what I'm doing! I love your valances. I'm such a fan of them and will decide which one or style I want soon...Have a great day my friend!
I too think you need to sell these!!! They are awesome!!! Take care!!~Wendy
I am like you - I try to do my least favorite first and then work up to what I want to do. And now that we are empty nesters, and even though I do a bunch of volunteer work, I get much more me time! Love it!
Thanks for the sweet comments on my dad. BUT i have to say - in 1953they did make one like they made in the 20's and I got lucky enough to marry him. My DH is a LOT like my dad. Hard working, easy to please, rarely complains. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that they share the same birthday!!
LOVE your valances. I think anyone that likes country would enjoy them! Just a thought - but if people traced their kids hands and sent them to you, you could do custom valances!!
Have a great week,
hugs, Linda
I love all of your valances! You make ones that really fit you and they're all very nice! The handprint one will definitely be something you cherish forever!
My blog has been very helpful to me, too! I think of what I can post and if I have something that I'm close to finishing, I get busy so I can share it! :) It's fun sharing with others who love the same thing as we do. I know Jer and my kids still appreciate what I do, it's just they're so used to it that they don't exactly get excited and sometimes I NEED excited to be sure I'm not just crazy! LOL
I'm still debating the etsy thing...I just don't know if I'll keep at it. I guess time will tell....
oh my goodness... I love those sweet curtains. Thank you for sharing those. Nice to meet you, Susie H
etsy it baby!! love the chicken one, you know that already. :)
Julie,
I think you should open an Etsy shop too. I really love both of these you showed here, but I could see me using something similiar to the rooster and flag one. I've been thinking I would like something different than just a checked one when we redo our kitchen. So I would be in the market and would just have to decide which one I liked best. I think you should start now like someone said because when the holidays start to approach, you will probably get even more business. I could see one of those with cute snowmen on it too! Or maybe shower curtains too?
We've already got you busy, haven't we?
~ Tammy
Oh my goodness gracious.....i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that chicken valance...seriously!!! AWESOME! You totally HAVE to open a store. I want to buy a valance just like that from you!!!!! Oh my gosh...it is the BEST!!!!! Great job!
I had to check back to read all the encouraging words about opening up an esty store. :) I thought of Katy when I saw your chicken valance. I knew she would like it!
I must say that I just adore your creative valances. I've not seen any like them anywhere. An etsy shop would be a good idea. I'm getting ready to take that leap myself. Always enjoy stopping by your blog site.
Blessings
T
I love ALL of your valances, Julie! And the displays you create to showcase them. You are such a talented lady! You should definitely open an Etsy shop! (Says the pot to the kettle)
Have a wonderful week!
I love the kitchen window valance! It would be so perfect in our new home!! I agree - you should sell them, you would be booked up forever. You do amazing gorgeous work!! The hands is so cute as well. I am hoping to learn how to sew and make those types of things too.
Wow, Julie, those are amazing! I would definitely buy a few valances from you if you were to open a store. Great, great job!
Your valances are true works of art! I'm sure you would sell each and everyone.
Thanks for visiting loved hearing from you!
Blessing Rondell
Love, LOve, LOVE your valances!
We tell our children the same thing!
I did the same thing with our children's handprints -- except they're on quilt squares! I've had to put that project on hold, for now, though :#(
Blessings,
Julie
I just LOVE your valances!!!
I agree...open a Etsy Store.
Sandy
I love your site; did you design the chicken valance or is it a pattern? I would love to make one like it; I am new to the world of blogs and the etsy thing; I do have a store, but didn't put anything in it yet... but you should; and thanks, when I read your blog, it is uplifting and fun, and motivational too; so jump in, your things are beautiful and will sell.
Post a Comment