Story #2. Who remembers Driver's Ed? Show of hands out there. Great memories, right? Jessica just finished two weeks of driver's ed. Of course, parents are expected to teach, train, and be terrified as they drive around with their teen-ager---all in the name of practice. In Utah, the kids get their learner's permit at age 15, drive for a year with only parents, get their license at 16, and then drive only with family until 16 1/2, and then friends or anyone can ride along. Just lovely!! Jessica is our first to do the teen-age driving thing. She actually is really careful, obeys the rules, and tries hard to do what she is supposed to. I am not a sweary-type of person, but I must confess that 2 little naughty words have escaped my lips as I saw my life flash before my eyes. Long story, short--- The stop-light was not working, no one was taking turns, and we almost got broad-sided by a truck much bigger than us. It was a tad scarey. I think I scarred Jessica more by the swear word that I shouted, than the fact that we were almost in a serious accident--not her fault, but she was driving!! I told her sorry about the word-slip. I was SO scared, and it just came out. I will do better the next driving experience!!
Aren't they cute--yup teenagers? Just havin' fun and bein' silly. This is Jessica(15) and Savanna(12). I love them more than they will ever know. They have taught me a lot about life, good choices, good music, good language, and love. I think I'll keep 'em. Be Nice to People,
Julie

10 comments:
wow! I am not looking foward to drivers ed w/my kids! I still have awhile:) BTW I love what you made Kindra! You need an etsy shop!!
Oh, those teenage years and learning to drive. I remember them well and with my own kids as well. I'm past that now, Praise the Lord!
Oh the CD thing was too funny. You were very calm.
T
I so remember those days with my kids....in fact when they take me anywheres I so pray and I am definitely a passenger seat driver!!LOL.....You definitely were much calmer then I would have been with the CD, but your right Thank God you still have a home!! Have a great night!!~Wendy
Kellon is laughing at your daughters' silly faces. :) Yes, I remember driver's ed very well. I don't know how instructors do it...And you took the cd thing very well.
Julie,
We've been there with the driving thing. Can you believe here they can get their permit at 14? Yep, and then they can drive with parents for 2 years and get their license at 16 and drive alone. And all of this with a teenage boy. Since we homeschool, my husband did the training through Drivers Ed in a Box. I was very thankful for my husband at this point!
The CD story was great! You should be proud of your daughter! That says alot about her character!
Love the silly picture! The best kind!
~ Tammy
Hi it's me again. My hubby wants to know what kind of engineer your hubby is and what he does. :) Engineer bonding...
Yes, you should definitely keep them, they're precious!!!
Ummmm......that CD thing, scares the wee out of me, though! Yikes!
I had a VERY similar experience to yours and your daughter's with the driving. She didn't seem phased, either. WHAT are they thinking?!?!? Or ARE they? She didn't want to drive for sooooooo long. Now she HAS to and I don't trust her. She just .... let it go, Julie, let it go......take a deep breath.........
Blessings my name twin!
Julie
LOL - I learned I am not too old to learn something new from the kids! That is amazing about the CD and I think I would have run for the extinguisher! LOL.
I feel your angst about the driving. I can clearly remember the first time our son drove off WITH his sister in the car too - I thought my heart would stop. But we all get through it.
Love the pics of the kids hamming it up!
hugs, Linda
Oh, Julie -- Stay strong, my friend :) I remember driver's ed and, moreover, I remember going out "driving" with my dad. It was quite the experience. I wish you lots of luck and patience. It sounds to me like you have one outstanding young lady at your side. Well done!
Have a great day!
Oh!!! Do I ever remember those days! I remember once Makenzie backing up out of a parking spot, asking, "am I SCARING you??" all the while NOT looking out the back window but at ME!
With Ragan, I told Craig that HE is in charge of the teaching. (After all, he's a certified Drivers Ed teacher!!)
Brace yourself for the car insurance premium! :):):)
Post a Comment